Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vanillacupcake

Ziana & vitamins/tea tree oil log

Okay so I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in reading this but oh well ill give it a shot. I've always had mild acne controlled by topicals and 6 months ago I decided to go on all natural regimen consisting of tea tree oil, fish oil pills, and vitamin e. I recently added vitamins a and d so i'm not sure if thats why i've been breaking out so bad lately. Recently, I've been getting small red pimples on my cheeks, where I used to never break out. This has only occured while being on this all natural regimen. Maybe it's the a & d purging my skin? Because I am completely clear on my forehead and chin, and the under eyes area. Its all in my cheeks and above my upper lip. They are all small white heads or small red pimples, not painful or anything.

Anyways... the only time I can remember my acne being most under control and me NOT feeling so insecure about my acne was when I was on the topical Ziana. I decided last night to start using it in conjunction with all of my other products. So here it is...

Day 1

Last night: took 10,000 IU of vit. a and 400 IU vit. d and 400 IU vitamin e, and 1000 IU fish oil

and applied Ziana topically

This morning: Last night I was freaking out because I thought my skin was gonna expolde with pimples this morning, it seemed like there my pimples that had just surfaced hadn't fully developed yet. Anyways, this morning my redness was significantly reduced. No pimples on the forehead or chin, a couple super tiny white heads on my nose. A couple days ago a cluster of very small white heads devloped above my upper lip on the right side. They're mostly gone now yay! and on my left side above my upper lip there's a small red pimple, i thought it was gonna come up way bigger but hey im not gonna complain! Theres a couple red pimples on the sides of my lips, but they dont hurt and they've been there for awhile. So far so good! Been applying Neutrogena's on the spot Acne treatment to the small pimples hoping to make them clear faster!

good luck on ziana to you too!!!

Day 3:

I'm clear except for two small zits, and there are two red bumps on my cheekbones, but im not sure if they're zits? Whatever lol. My redness is pretty much gone. But....my skin is REALLY OILY. I think that may mean I'm applying too much of the topical so I'm gonna try to use less tonight. I've been applying tea tree oil to individual spots throughout the day. But so far so good!

hey there. i recommend not taking supplements/vitamins that you are taking. i say this because you get most of your vitamins in your diet. most foods are fortified now to provide you with a good amount of vitamins. the only thing i think you may want to take is vitamin d but even that could be in your foods or you could just getting enough sun.

also, 10,000 iu of vitamin is a lot. vitamin a is fat soluble and not water soluble (meaning it cant dissolve in water, it can dissolve in fats/oils). this means that your body cant dispel vitamin a as quickly as other vitamins that are water soluble like vitamin c or vitamins b. the vitamin a builds up in your system, mainly in your liver, which could cause more harm than good. people have this notion that vitamins are good no matter what because theyre vitamins! but vitamins can be overused and to a point where it is not beneficial anymore. i am graduate student at a pharmacy school now and i dont see the benefits of taking vitamins/supplements since most people get their vitamins through foods unless you have a poor diet. honestly, try to eat healthy and be gentle with your skin and make sure to moisturize when using ziana. pm me if you have any questions. also, dont take my word on anything or anyone elses but i like to think that i know this subject at hand since i have been studying it for school.

Edited by dykim90

hey there. i recommend not taking supplements/vitamins that you are taking. i say this because you get most of your vitamins in your diet. most foods are fortified now to provide you with a good amount of vitamins. the only thing i think you may want to take is vitamin d but even that could be in your foods or you could just getting enough sun.

also, 10,000 iu of vitamin is a lot. vitamin a is fat soluble and not water soluble (meaning it cant dissolve in water, it can dissolve in fats/oils). this means that your body cant dispel vitamin a as quickly as other vitamins that are water soluble like vitamin c or vitamins b. the vitamin a builds up in your system, mainly in your liver, which could cause more harm than good. people have this notion that vitamins are good no matter what because theyre vitamins! but vitamins can be overused and to a point where it is not beneficial anymore. i am graduate student at a pharmacy school now and i dont see the benefits of taking vitamins/supplements since most people get their vitamins through foods unless you have a poor diet. honestly, try to eat healthy and be gentle with your skin and make sure to moisturize when using ziana. pm me if you have any questions. also, dont take my word on anything or anyone elses but i like to think that i know this subject at hand since i have been studying it for school.

Great info here, and good luck on your regimen. I would also agree that you should not do too much to try to get rid of your acne fast, but rather give your skin the time it needs to heal and become clear. If you would like to keep going on your vitamin adventure, I would suggest slowly start taking them, until your body is ok with the maximum amount. Don't worry, you will get clear soon.