Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
X3Kell3X

cerave contains comedogenic ingreidents?

so ive used cerave moisturzing lotion for like 2 years and cerave cream for the past few months. i never thought they broke me cuz i never had a problem with them. i even stopped using them for a little bit and never noticed any changes in my skin. but i was just curious and checked some ingriedents on zero zits detective. and i saw that both the lotion and cream have cetareth-20 and cetearyl alcohol which are a level 4 out of 5! and the bigger the number the worse... BUT on another site it says the ingriedents are fine. i mean i doubt they are breaking me out but this just sorta shocks me that these ingridents are in here and cerave claims to be non-comedogenic. thoughts on this?? maybe zero zits is wrong?

http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm --> zero zits

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/cosmetic-ingre...ctionary/C.aspx --> the other list that says its fine

:wacko: blahh confused

I would love to know the answer to this as well. I've been using cetaphil for years and it has those two ingredients in it. I brought it up to my derm (since they recommended it in the first place) and she just said that if a moisturizer is labeled as non comedogenic then it's fine. WTF?! Hasn't she ever heard of things that claim to be non comedogenic but actually have very pore clogging ingredients?

Edited by Michellica

If they don't bother you, they don't bother you. :) Don't worry about it. The lists are in general, and individual reactions may vary.

ya im just a little freaked.. maybe ill ask my derm about it cuz they recommended it. im just not sure how cervae was able to get the non-comedogenic title and have those in it.

I mean ceraVe comes with the prescription drug Finacea and a few others and is probably the lightest facial lotion I've ever used so I doubt it's harmful. Ingredients affect different people, sounds like it works for you though, keep testing it out.

ya i think its fine for my skin cuz ive used it when im clear and ive used it when my face is a mess. plus ive stopped using it before and still broke out haha. i was just so surprised to see that!