Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iRyRy

The Real Problem - explained.

I just wanted to give this short bit of wisdom. Read it, understand it...

The problem is not on your face, it's in your head.

I understand it's hard to be grateful for everything else you have, because you only realize what you have till it's gone. Just be thankful you're not suffering from anything life threatening. Try and forget about your acne, I know it's something easier said then done. But when it is done, it's worth it, and it's just as good as not having acne.

Your hardest critic is yourself. Sure you get the odd comment here and there, but you're the one making yourself anxious and depressed, not the acne.

Edited by iRyRy

I wish I had cancer for a week, and then got cured, because without such an event what you write would be a hard realization.

I'm sorry for your failing Accutane treatment by the way. I guess I'm lucky since I'm still at the good days.

I understand it's hard to be grateful for everything else you have, because you only realize what you have till it's gone. Just be thankful you're not suffering from anything life threatening. Try and forget about your acne, I know it's something easier said then done. But when it is done, it's worth it, and it's just as good as not having acne.

Your hardest critic is yourself. Sure you get the odd comment here and there, but you're the one making yourself anxious and depressed, not the acne.

While I agree, I think there has to be a balance between what you say and being willing to call out people and institutions on their superficial obsessions, how it tangibly affects the ability of acne sufferers to live "normal" lives... just because it's not the worst thing in the world doesn't mean it shouldn't go without criticism and a strong desire to remedy the injustice.

Edited by Florida Guy

Now you have cracked the code, will this be your last post on this site? I somehow doubt it.

I'm not trying to be detremental but in the age we live in of superficiality there will always be a nagging sense of dissatisfaction with this disease we HAVE to cure.

Whilst I find I can get through most days easily enough and block out the negativity surrounding my appearence I have fully submitted that i cannot 100% reach my potential until I am clear.