Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
+never-mind+

does anyone still use everyday minerals?

Does anyone here still use everyday minerals?? & not have a problem with it?

I started using it a couple years ago, finally found a good colour combo to match my face pretty good.

After so much trial & error with tonnes of different samples im so scared to try a different brand & have to go thru finding a colour match again

I know ppl here have said everyday minerals isnt so good anymore.. but does anyone here still use it & not have a problem with it?

i think the new formula has been ok for me.. the only thing ive noticed is that my pours seem to be gettting bigger & more noticable.. i dunno if thats from the makeup or not

Lol, I got so pissed off I decided to make my own makeup.

I used Everyday Minerals,but I don't know if it actually broke me out or not. Some days I think it was probably the makeup,then other days I'm not so sure of what I experienced. I might have just let paranoia get the best of me.

So,try and stay calm about it...wear it everyday for a few weeks,then spend a few weeks off of it. Take pictures so you know your worries aren't fabricating anything.

I still use the leftovers that I have from them, but I don't plan on ordering from them again.

I've found a better color match in Meow Cosmetics, and they're actually more affordable.

Yeah, try out Meow--so much better than EM. They don't give you that shiny, pearly look.

If your pores are starting to look bigger then they are probably getting clogged.

Edited by Sharpy

I've bought about 3 full-sized mineral foundations from EM (in an attempt to find a good color match). It was fine at first, although the coverage was a little light and the lasting power was mediocre. But once I started using retinoids, I found that I had to cake on so much powder for the right amount of coverage, which only accentuated all the dry spots I was getting. Now I just use the leftovers as more of a setting powder for my liquid foundation+concealers. I find that not only does it help to set my makeup, but it evens out my skintone a little too, just before I apply bronzer and blush (yes I wear tons of makeup these days).

I definitely don't plan on repurchasing, but I like to have some sort of mineral foundations on hand, just in case, so I'm looking into meow cosmetics and silk naturals.

I used to use EM for about a year but after hearing how bad they had started to become I went looking for another brand, now I use Ecoglo Minerals. I think its pretty good and its affordable too. They have a free sample kits too I think haha. XP

hmm, yeah I've been looking at meow, thinking about ordering some samples. I'm a mixture btw fair, sandy fair & sunkissed fair in everyday minerals. not a perfect match, but as close as ive found. Could anyone who uses meow give me an idea on what colour samples to try.

is the 0-Inquisitive 1-Sleek really really light? I'm fairly pale, but not super super pale.

I've read somewhere that the 0-Inquistive is close to just white?

maybe I should go for the 1-sleek's, or 2-Frisky

I was thinking of trying the sphynx, mau, himalayan, bengal, chauise,.. maybe korat, persian as well. I'm mostly pink colouring, but I do have a little yellow as well.. but when i have tried yellow coloured minerals before it made my face turn competly yellow & not natural looking at all.

like ivory in everyday minerals .. when i used that as a base & mixed in a lot of other pinker colors it always turned more yellow then i needed it to, so I switched to using fair as my main color & mixing others in.. works pretty well

thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer me on this color situation lol

& thanks for all your repllies :)

I'm the lightest shade (well, most of the time lighter) in drugstore cosmetics. I would not even bother ordering 0--it's gotta be for albinos. I'm a 2 for Siamese. I'd try 1 and 2 if you are pale. And check out Siamese because it's a neutral color.

If you click my name you should be able to see a picture of my face and how pale I am.

My last jar of EM foundation in Sweet Almond has run out & I need to buy foundation now. Unfortunately, I'd have to mix two colors to get my right shade, as it's discontinued. I find that to be such a hassle.... Plus, I am not happy with the way the brand has gone; it seems to be systematically abandoning every aspect that drew me to it in the first place. I haven't used the new formula yet, and I am a little scared to try it. I find it disingenuous of them to change the formula without notice, & to continue to call it mineral makeup when that new ingredient is not a mineral. I feel like it's back to square one with foundation. I'm exploring new brands now, as much as my limited finances will let me. Right now I am even considering liquid again...

Oh, anyone know what happened to the Pearl Pick Me Up Pink concealer? I visited the site to see about ordering it (as I truly love it), and the fact that it's nowhere to be found (discontinued?) put me off from EM further.

For the record, I am not a big Meow fan; nice finish & skin-friendly, but I tried a gazillion colors & not a one worked for me.

Edited by Siouxsie

My last jar of EM foundation in Sweet Almond has run out & I need to buy foundation now. Unfortunately, I'd have to mix two colors to get my right shade, as it's discontinued. I find that to be such a hassle....

Which two colors do you mix to get the Sweet Almond shade? I'm a perfect match to Sweet Almond but I can not for the life of me find out which two shades were used to make the Sweet Almond. Thanks!

I used to really like them, some of the best foundation I had tried at the time, this was back in like 2007. Ordered from them again maybe two month ago, and I think they changed the formula. it's really, powdery now, like taking talic and rubbing it on your face, plus the powder seems to have a bit of a perfumey smell to it now. I dunno, I havn't used up either of the jars I ordered and I will probably just keep it around for emergencys or something.