Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MercuryChaos

ACV Pills – reccomended dosage for acne/red marks?

Posted

I've been hearing all sorts of things about people taking apple cider vinegar internally to get rid of red marks, and I'd like to try it. I'm averse to the idea of drinking it and plan to get some ACV pills instead, but I'm wondering what dosage is appropriate. I've noticed that most of the brands out there are marketed as weight loss aids, which is not what I want them for.

Those of you who take/have taken ACV pills – how much did you take?

Posted

I just started taking my ACV pills three days ago and have been taking two a day (One in the morning and one at night).

I'm not sure what most people recommend, but from looking around at threads on here, I saw that most people only took two a day.

I tried drinking it a few days ago, and it was one of the grossest things ever.

Hope that helps!

Posted

wow i never even knew there were pill forms of acv! nice!

Posted
I just started taking my ACV pills three days ago and have been taking two a day (One in the morning and one at night).

I'm not sure what most people recommend, but from looking around at threads on here, I saw that most people only took two a day.

I tried drinking it a few days ago, and it was one of the grossest things ever.

Hope that helps!

How big are the pills, though? They come in different sizes – 200mg, 500mg, etc.

Posted

Good question, I'm not sure how big the pills are, but looking at the supplement section on the back, this is what it says:

APple Cider Vinegar: 600 mg

Cayenne Pepper Fruit Powder: 100 mg

Ginger Root Powder: 100 mg

Garcinia Cambogia Fruit Extract 100 mg

So, would that mean 600 mg?

Excuse my stupidity, haha, I'm running off of zero hours of sleep.

Posted
Good question, I'm not sure how big the pills are, but looking at the supplement section on the back, this is what it says:

APple Cider Vinegar: 600 mg

Cayenne Pepper Fruit Powder: 100 mg

Ginger Root Powder: 100 mg

Garcinia Cambogia Fruit Extract 100 mg

So, would that mean 600 mg?

Excuse my stupidity, haha, I'm running off of zero hours of sleep.

Yes, that means they contain 600mg of ACV – so you're taking 1200 mg daily, plus the other stuff. I saw the brand you're taking when I was comparing different ones on drugstore.com, and the other things in it are supposed to be weight loss aids. As I said, this is not what I want (I'm borderline underweight, which is not as good of a problem to have as it sounds) so I'd prefer to get something that contains ACV only, and probably not 1200 mg a day.

Posted

Oh ok, I perfectly understand. I'm pretty underweight myself, I weigh around 130lbs and am 5'10.

Let me know if you find a pill that just contains ACV, because I'd definitely switch over to it, but for now I'll just continue taking the stuff I have.

Posted

So have the ACV pills worked?