Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User140206

It's hard to stay motivated when using a retinoid

I'm in week 6 of using tretinoin and still in the middle of a very bad IB (that started around week 3/4) I feel disgusted every time I look in the mirror. My face is covered with tiny hard plugs, luckily some of them fall out when washing my face. I also have a lot of huge pustules and deep pimples and lots of pink/red marks. It's hard because my face has never been this bad before and I'm trying real hard not to lose hope. I hope that I'll get through this.

.(T_T).

Good luck everyone.

I feel the same way as you right now. I have been on RAM for around 2 months and my face looks like yours. I don't see how my face could clear up anytime soon but I am hoping I will be clear by 3 months. Good luck and hopefully this wasn't a waste of time and we have clear skin in the future :)

Tally on!

It honestly is clearing out all the bad stuff from your face. They say you get 8 months or so worth of breakouts in like 2-3 months, keep that in mind. After it all dies down your skin will be smooth and clear. It just takes a lot of patience.

:comfort:

I feel the same way as you right now. I have been on RAM for around 2 months and my face looks like yours. I don't see how my face could clear up anytime soon but I am hoping I will be clear by 3 months. Good luck and hopefully this wasn't a waste of time and we have clear skin in the future :)

Heey Tyler R, I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one, makes me feel less alone :ninja: . I hope that you will get clear soon, you deserve it!! Pfff we all deserve it, gosh this phase sucks big time :wall: . I'm going to up my dose soon, maybe that will work better since I don't experience any side- effects.

Good luck, let me know if you're making any progress ;)

Tally on!

It honestly is clearing out all the bad stuff from your face. They say you get 8 months or so worth of breakouts in like 2-3 months, keep that in mind. After it all dies down your skin will be smooth and clear. It just takes a lot of patience.

:comfort:

I agree with your reply 100% !! It took alot of patience for me to get through it all but in the end it was all well worth it! Keep your heads up and dont lose hope!

Thanks Bek_cogent and PinkPlayBunny for your kind replies, I try my very best to stay patient and be positive :)

Edited by Mimini

I am around the same point. im on week 5. my IB started at the end of week 4. its horrible!. plus my skin is very dicolored from the retin a so i am really feeling like crap about how i look. i was thinking of quitting the RAM but I'm gonna push through and see if it gets better. i've already gotten this far. but this is much less bad then when i was on tazorac earlier this year. *shivers*

I am around the same point. im on week 5. my IB started at the end of week 4. its horrible!. plus my skin is very dicolored from the retin a so i am really feeling like crap about how i look. i was thinking of quitting the RAM but I'm gonna push through and see if it gets better. i've already gotten this far. but this is much less bad then when i was on tazorac earlier this year. *shivers*

Good luck Ello .(T_T). I hope your skin will clear up soon. My face looks like crap at the moment, it continues to get worse. And since it's very cold right now, my marks turn very red. I don't dare to look in the mirror anymore...

Oh it was the same for me! The breakouts lasted 10 weeks! It was extremely horrifying for me...

But after the 10 weeks, everything started to clear up! It was amazing.

You really need to just push through it :] You're hopefully going to have great skin by the end of month 3 just as I did

Good luck to you! Please hang in there