Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
keiko1

How ironic life can be

My best friend robert was diagnosed with Chrones and Celiacs. He was only 18 years old when this happened. He ofcourse is doing well and him and i were talking about how ironic it is that people are diagnosed with this disorder whether taking accutane or not.

Just saying...

Edited by keiko1

let me guess. you're on accutane right now? good luck on your course.

My best friend robert was thinking about going on accutane about 2 years back. He had moderate acne and was worried about the side effects it would bring. About a month later after telling me he was going to go on accutane, he was diagnosed with Chrones and Celiacs. He was only 18 years old when this happened. He ofcourse is doing well and him and i were talking about how ironic it is that people are diagnosed with this disorder whether taking accutane or not.

Just saying...

let me guess. you're on accutane right now? good luck on your course.

My best friend robert was thinking about going on accutane about 2 years back. He had moderate acne and was worried about the side effects it would bring. About a month later after telling me he was going to go on accutane, he was diagnosed with Chrones and Celiacs. He was only 18 years old when this happened. He ofcourse is doing well and him and i were talking about how ironic it is that people are diagnosed with this disorder whether taking accutane or not.

Just saying...

ya... i am scared of the side effects dont get me wrong. I think anxiety took a toll on me yesterday because of the stupid stories i see on the internet. Not worth reading them as they are the ones that agreed to be put on accutane. If something happened to me, i wouldnt start writing a blog on the internet about it to scare other users. I just think its funny that out of millions of people that have taken accutane only a fair amount had permanent SERIOUS side effects that might have even happened without the tane, like my good friend robert.

what are chrones and celiacs?

inflammatory bowel disease...

he didnt take accutane is my point though and was diagnosed at age 18

I agree completely, stay away from the horror stories. Try and focus more on the clinical studies such as this one:

http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/reprint/162/5/983.pdf

This study demonstrated a decrease of 21% in orbitofrontal cortex metabolism in patients treated with accutane (on average).

Sorry but the mere fact that isotretinoin can be shown to affect brain function isn't inherently a big negative.

It affects the functions of many systems in the body, doctors know that already, the issue is finding out if it has effects which are serious and/or permanent, and this study demonstrates neither.

I understand that you feel upset about your current condition, but "I have a brain condition and accutane can affect the brain, therefore accutane caused my brain condition" isn't really a strong argument. Many substances that you have almost definitely been exposed to can affect the brain. Many other things in general can affect the brain. That doesn't help you pinpoint where your problem originated.

day 8 :) enjoying it

Cool, I'm just starting month 2. I was (irrationally) nervous before the first pill, but so far all I've had is dry lips, nothing unmanageable. In fact I love how my skin and hair are now, oil free for as long as I like. I feel more comfortable than ever.

Good luck with your course, hope it goes as well as mine.

Edited by Chf

Its also ironic how a drug that's supposed to improve self esteem by treating acne, only hurts your self esteem by giving hair loss, which MAY or MAY NOT be permanent. Some people say it's a former chemo drug, so your hair should grow back because most chemo patients regrow hair, but others say accutane is "unique" in that it's a chemo drug, but can cause permanent hair loss.

I answered your question in the hairloss thread, if anyone else wants to know more too. ;)

Edited by Chf

Its also ironic how a drug that's supposed to improve self esteem by treating acne, only hurts your self esteem by giving hair loss, which MAY or MAY NOT be permanent. Some people say it's a former chemo drug, so your hair should grow back because most chemo patients regrow hair, but others say accutane is "unique" in that it's a chemo drug, but can cause permanent hair loss.

rare but happens yes.. sorry if you were unlucky

what are chrones and celiacs?

hey so this is Keiko1's buddy Robert with chrones and celiacs

so Chrones is basically inflammation of the bowel meaning like blisters. can be caused by stress, some foods and life habits like smoking.

celiacs is basically food allergy but aims more towards gluten AKA (wheat and corn product)

if you have any other questions let me know through Brett's PM box AKA keiko1

peace (^_^)

Do people who never took accutane have problems Yes. However, it has been proven in a court of law and Roche has admitted to knowing back when the drug first came out that it had a effect on the intestines and could cause issues.

Does it mean that you will develop it from accutane no maybe not, but it doesn't mean people who have just make it up.

I am not going to do the research for you, but court documents are out there to read and trials are easily viewable and Roche admitted guilt when they settled a case here in Illinois.

There are studies out there regarding Isotretinoin use and U.C. or Chron's and other intestinal disorders.

Though there are a lot of other medical sites or lit on Chron's here is some from Mayo, which ironically does state Accutane as a possibilty.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/crohns-di...ON=risk-factors

Oh yes how ironic life can be for some who have taken Accutane.

Good luck on your course!

Do people who never took accutane have problems Yes. However, it has been proven in a court of law and Roche has admitted to knowing back when the drug first came out that it had a effect on the intestines and could cause issues.

Does it mean that you will develop it from accutane no maybe not, but it doesn't mean people who have just make it up.

I am not going to do the research for you, but court documents are out there to read and trials are easily viewable and Roche admitted guilt when they settled a case here in Illinois.

There are studies out there regarding Isotretinoin use and U.C. or Chron's and other intestinal disorders.

Though there are a lot of other medical sites or lit on Chron's here is some from Mayo, which ironically does state Accutane as a possibilty.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/crohns-di...ON=risk-factors

Oh yes how ironic life can be for some who have taken Accutane.

Good luck on your course!

Yes i understand people who may have taken Accutane and developed Chron's a year later can blame Accutane. However, i dont agree with people who come on here saying they developed chron's or joint pains or hairloss years later can blame it on Accutane is what i meant by this post. People all over the world wake up and are induced with something they may not have had the day before. It's life.

And i guess after reading all your posts, i will need luck taking my course.

Thanks!

Edited by keiko1