Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
strwberry2178

Anyone ever had a blood test done for food allergies?

I had thought about asking my doctor about it next time I go in December, but I'm not sure who to ask. Do I ask my dermatologist for it...or my regular doctor...or would I have to go to an allergist. I figure any doctor can read blood work lol...but I don't know. But I was wondering if anyone has ever had a blood test done to check for food allergies? I think I read somewhere that they check the antibodies from food that are in your blood or something. Thanks!

Usually you can test it if you visit a naturapath. I had mine done 3 weeks ago and will get the results on november 12. soooo excited about it, was around $320 in australian dollars but definitely is worth it. I think it tests for 96 common foods people usually sensitive to

Do NOT do an allergy test! Do a sensitivity test. And do a stool test to find intolerances which may be the cause of your sensitivities.

Only 3% of people have allergies. But 20% of people have sensitivities. I took an allergy test for $700 and they said I wasn't allergic to anything (But I knew I WAS "allergic" to many things like red food dye which gives me hives). After paying them the $700 and finding nothing, the allergist revealed that the allergy test is not always accurate. :rolleyes:

Then I took a food sensitivity test (www.NowLEAP.com ) for $500. The test really did find 10 foods to which I was sensitive. I also learned a lot of information from their info packet.

But I learned that other health problems or intolerances CAUSE most sensitivities. So, first of all, get a stool test from EnteroLab and see if you have an intolerance to gluten, soy, egg, etc. After you remove those foods from your diet, get the sensitivity test from Now LEAP (do not do an ALCAT test because LEAP's mRT test is much more accurate).

Also, the sensitivity test did NOT catch my food intolerance to gluten and soy -- only the stool test did. And the stool test is the most accurate test available (ahead of the "gold standard" Celiac biopsy and the Celiac blood test (accuracy rate = 60%)).

EnteroLab Stool Test ($99 per test) = www.EnteroLab.com

LEAP Sensitivity Test ($500) = www.NowLEAP.com

Edited by Dotty1

Do NOT do an allergy test! Do a sensitivity test. And do a stool test to find intolerances which may be the cause of your sensitivities.

Only 3% of people have allergies. But 20% of people have sensitivities. I took an allergy test for $700 and they said I wasn't allergic to anything (But I knew I WAS "allergic" to many things like red food dye which gives me hives). After paying them the $700 and finding nothing, the allergist revealed that the allergy test is not always accurate. :rolleyes:

Then I took a food sensitivity test (www.NowLEAP.com ) for $500. The test really did find 10 foods to which I was sensitive. I also learned a lot of information from their info packet.

But I learned that other health problems or intolerances CAUSE most sensitivities. So, first of all, get a stool test from EnteroLab and see if you have an intolerance to gluten, soy, egg, etc. After you remove those foods from your diet, get the sensitivity test from Now LEAP (do not do an ALCAT test because LEAP's mRT test is much more accurate).

Also, the sensitivity test did NOT catch my food intolerance to gluten and soy -- only the stool test did. And the stool test is the most accurate test available (ahead of the "gold standard" Celiac biopsy and the Celiac blood test (accuracy rate = 60%)).

Online stool test? So what do they do ship you a container to do your business in and then you mail it off? Id be pretty embarrased to mail that off.

Love to see the reaction of the postal man when i place my container full of shit on the counter and say "i need a stamp for this" lol.

Online stool test? So what do they do ship you a container to do your business in and then you mail it off? Id be pretty embarrased to mail that off.

Love to see the reaction of the postal man when i place my container full of shit on the counter and say "i need a stamp for this" lol.

LOL

They mail you a box with a container inside of the box. The poop must be frozen for at least 24-hours before mailing it. Then FedEx sends a worker to your door to make sure it is packaged correctly for 24-hour-shipping.

I was very happy with the results. It was finally a test that was 100% worth the money. If you want to call EnteroLab and ask about the accuracy of the test, they are more than willing to answer all questions.