Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey all

so ive had this mark on my face for several months now, and it wont budge. the thing is that i dont know if it is a macule or a deep pimple though, because when i rub my finger against it i can kind of feel it underneath my skin, and all of my other red marks dont have that proble.

i need to know how to treat this thing

can someone please help? its bothering me so much

I have one of these too, such a bitch on my face. It's probably been there for around 6 months and hadn't budged, until I finally got the courage to try to extract it. After like 10 minutes "preparing" (hot water, toothpaste, etc), I got a little lancet and barely pierced it right down the middle. I kinda squeezed it a little bit (bad, I know), but luckily something actually came out - like some built up oil or shit. I then put a little hydrogen peroxide on it to clear it out while it was still partially open, which seemed to do the trick pretty well as its now reduced in size/intensity. Idk if I'd recommend doing this, as many many many people saying trying to pop a pimple without a head is an awful idea, as it only increases irritation, but it worked pretty well for me. I guess you should be fine as long as you are very gentle; if nothing is coming out after a gentle squeeze then leave it alone.

PS: Nothing ever worked for me when I had this under-the-skin whoknowswhat, even BP 10% every night. Sorry I can't really offer a more skin-friendly alternative :(