Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mboona

breakouts for hydroquinone>?

my derm gave me some 7% hydroquinone that also has .05% hydrocortisone Retinoic Acid and Kojic Acid.

Along with Dimentichone, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Palmiate, and a bunch of other ingredients.

Sounds potentially pore clogging to me- especially since the formulation doesn't really absorb into the skin, rather it just sits on top of the skin?

Hydroquinone is helpful for pigmentation (brown spots), not erthyema (red spots). Dunno which you're trying to fade but figured I'd just throw that out there. :surprised:

I don't really care for hydroquinone myself, because it does, as you pointed out, tend to sit in a heavyish layer on top of the skin. I can't say for sure that it DID break me out, but I didn't get the sense that the stuff I used helped me at all. Still, trust your derm until you have cause not to -- a real professional will do a much better job than well-educated laypeople over the internet.

Hydroquinone is helpful for pigmentation (brown spots), not erthyema (red spots). Dunno which you're trying to fade but figured I'd just throw that out there. :surprised:

I don't really care for hydroquinone myself, because it does, as you pointed out, tend to sit in a heavyish layer on top of the skin. I can't say for sure that it DID break me out, but I didn't get the sense that the stuff I used helped me at all. Still, trust your derm until you have cause not to -- a real professional will do a much better job than well-educated laypeople over the internet.

my derm just seriously wants to sell products. what a waste of money. all the extra ingredients in the bleaching cream he sold me is known for irritation and pore clogging. No wonder i kept breaking out in the same spot (after pimple goes down I applied the cream... clear for a week, then a week later huge break out near the same spot. and the cycle has been going on for more than a month)

yea the base of the cream is probably cloggy, not the hydroquinone itself cause that is known not to cause acne. Did he mix the cream himself or do you have the name of it?

yea the base of the cream is probably cloggy, not the hydroquinone itself cause that is known not to cause acne. Did he mix the cream himself or do you have the name of it?

another company does the formulation for him. It's called Belle Aime Bleaching Cream. You can buy it online or in their two dermetology center.