Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cersei

Spiro Results!

I've now been on Spiro about 4 months, so thought I'd post pics to demonstrate it at work :)

I do a weird system of 100mg/day for two weeks, the 50mg/day for 2 weeks, and cycle. I may see if my derm thinks I can switch down to just 50mg/day.

I started seeing the effects around the 2 month mark! But only now (4 months) have I 100% stopped getting spots. It's amazing!

As you can see, initially my skin wasn't THAT bad (except it looked like this 100% of the time)... I know because it used to be so much worse ;) This is how it looked after 2 courses of accutane! (which did work... but then I came off the pill, and this is what happened!)

I'm taking it in conjunction with ortho-21 BC. (Which thankfully had no crazy effects on my skin... only my mood.)

I still have red marks/really uneven skin tone, but as long as I can stay clear that should fade eventually with time!

Any questions/comments feel free~

post-71636-1288960746_thumb.jpg

post-71636-1288960746_thumb.jpg

I've been on spironolactone for almost 2 months and it has diminished a lot of my oil production already!! I am truly impressed with the results that I am starting to see with this drug!

Glad to hear that you found something that works!!

WOW.....this gives me some hope...I'm only on week 3....and feel it's getting worse. Did yours seems to get worse before it got better?

I stopped my BC too and it's wreaked havoc on my face! I'm not on any BC but spiro only so I hope that spiro alone helps me.....I'd rather not go back on BC @ the age of 36..... But I will if spiro doesn't work for me.

I'm glad to see your success!!! congrats!!!

I've been taking pics of my face too and right now over the past month it's gotten WAY WORSE....I'm hoping it's just the spiro kicking in and in a couple months it will clear up.......

WOW.....this gives me some hope...I'm only on week 3....and feel it's getting worse. Did yours seems to get worse before it got better?

I stopped my BC too and it's wreaked havoc on my face! I'm not on any BC but spiro only so I hope that spiro alone helps me.....I'd rather not go back on BC @ the age of 36..... But I will if spiro doesn't work for me.

I'm glad to see your success!!! congrats!!!

I've been taking pics of my face too and right now over the past month it's gotten WAY WORSE....I'm hoping it's just the spiro kicking in and in a couple months it will clear up.......

I so wish there was a version for males to take :( Because its pretty much only my chin that breaks out and i know it is mainly hormonal.

I really really want to try Spiro! I'm not sure mine is horomonal though and I'm unsure if my derm would prescribe it for me. Right now I'm on Doxy 200mg a day and the topical Retin A Micro Gel at night with Epiduo under makeup and sunscreen in the morning but i've been weaning on the Epiduo because it makes my face look like a cherry. :redface: