Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone,

I have oily skin and uses a AHA, BHA menscience daily face wash. Is it important for me to put on a SPF moisturiser even though the face wash contains only 3% glycolic and 1% salicylic acid? I'm also using a 4% salicylic acid to treat my acne daytime(if im at home) and night everyday.

I'm just afraid that the SPF moisturiser will make my skin more oily leading to more outbreaks.

Need your advice! thanks so much!

Usually benzoyl peroxide is the real component that make people worry about having the sun affect their skin. However if you are going out in the sun often, wear it anyway. Get one that is nongreasy or oil free, noncomedogenic and light, with at least 15, probably you only need that anyway. It won't clog your pores if you don't put too much on (I use it every morning when I go out to class because I have some red spots that I don't want getting any worse, and it's fine. I don't break out from it at all). If you have sensitive skin I would suggest using a small amount, also, since your skin is probably more prone to damage from the sun then.

I'm looking at various SPF moisturisers. Any recommendations which are oil and comedogenic free?

Do you guys also apply moisturisers before you sleep too? I'm using AHA wash therefore I hope sunscreen and moisturisers do work for me, judging by the fact that AHA works for most ppl.

Thanks guys for the advice esp Ashley for her patience in getting the links for me.

I was in a dilemma between La Rochay, Olay and Acnes and finally decided to get Acnes because their product was more for oily skin like me. Hopefully it won't break me out.

By the way, if I continue to use my AHA and BHA daily wash (containing 3% glycolic and 1% salicylic acid), is it a must to wear a sunscreen or else my skin will become very red during the day? The concentration is quite low but I don't know whether is sunscreen is necessary.

Now I can't differentiate whether the redness on my skin is acne or caused by sunlight sensitivity. :(

I'm looking at various SPF moisturisers. Any recommendations which are oil and comedogenic free?

Do you guys also apply moisturisers before you sleep too? I'm using AHA wash therefore I hope sunscreen and moisturisers do work for me, judging by the fact that AHA works for most ppl.

I have oily skin too, so at first it was hard to find an daily spf that wouldn't make my face feel greasy. But I use Cetaphil daily moisturizer with spf 15 and it works great, doesn't make me break out and it's very light feeling.

And just a reminder to everyone....wearing an spf everyday in your twenties is literally the #1 method of prevention for wrinkles, age spots, etc. Just do it! You'll be glad you did in the future!

I'm using the acnes oil-control moisturiser (made in japan) and it didn't break me out.

Anyway, what I'm considering to do is to take accutane until my acne clears up, and from there I start having a regimen. Is that possible too?

I realise I'm too paranoid with acne on my face. I'm depressed and demoralised, and its taking a toll on my studies.

please feel free to comment or suggest anything. =x