Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone, I prolly need some advice from you.

Im 23 and had previously been on 3 courses of accutane. My acne came back after 4 to 5 mths after each course, thats the reason I had been on 3 courses.

This time round, I didn't wan to go back on accutane and thought perhaps a good regimen would help to save my poor liver.

I washed my face 2 times a day (if exercises in between then 3 times) with a daily face wash containing 3% glycolic n 1% salicylic acid. At night, I apply a 4% salicylic to treat spots.

Twice or thrice a week during at night, I would wash my face with a 10% glycolic n 2% salicylic facial cleanser.

I don't take a multivitamin and I exercise (running and gym) twice a week. I take fruits daily and each day I'm drinking about 1 to 1.5 litres of water.

I have oily skin. Do you think I'm on the way to 80% clear skin? I don't hope for more, just hope to have 90% will do because I've lost confidence in myself to attain 99% clear skin anymore.

What's more can I do to save myself? I'm 23yrs old, and this age I shouldn't be having acne. Is my oily skin caused by hormones/stress or something else? I'm really at my wits end alrdy.

Pls pardon me for my weak language.

Thanks guys.

Salicylic acid thins your skin and Accutane also thins your skin significantly. Thin skin makes people more sensitive to sunlight and flush much more easily.

I recommend stop using AHA/BHA cleanser, switch to something like Cetaphil.

I never had a good experience with salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide has always been the best option to stop pimples for me. BP always stops all my pimples within a week. I know because I stopped BP for a while and it went explosion on me on my chin.

You already are using AHA/BHA moisturizer, why stress your skin further more with AHA/BHA cleanser.

Stop all the salicylic acid spot treatments and switch to BP spot treatmernt.

Night time, try using Neostrata's AHA 8% ( Or any brand with AHA ) after washing. Do not apply BP on top of AHA or under AHA.

Day time, apply large amount of BP on area with pimples, then wear sunscreen.

Edited by Abara

Yup!! Use BP no doubt...I have tried A LOT of things over the years for my acne (I'm 23 also) and Dan's Regimen is the ONLY thing that has ever worked!