Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy0409

Finally got rid of acne...but the red/dark marks.

After 3 painfully long months of tretinoin my acne as finally cleared up. The last three months have been left me with red and black marks from the HORRIBLE IB. It gets harder and harder to look in the mirror everyday especially knowing i finally won the battle with my acne, but now i have the red/black marks. It's like some kind of cruel joke. Can anyone help me with what i can do to get rid of them asap?

I'm still on tretinoin/Ziana and i think that will help in the long run. I'm also using a saliclic acid wash to keep any new acne from forming and i was also told it will help speed up the healing process. I am also starting to use Mario badescu's Whitening mask, don't know how much it will help, but i'm desperate. And my moisturizer is cerave.

What other options are out there for me? I was considering lemon juice. And I am also considering any facial treatments out there like micro-dermabrasion. Price is not really a problem if it works. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

please keep us updated, im in the same situation i thought if i got rid of my acne id have clear skin

wrong! the scars look just as bad and are probably more humiliating

Tretinoin will definitely help so that's good. How long have you been using it? I used argan oil for awhile and seemed to really help my red marks. IPL laser has been the BEST.

Had a micro done today, i think it has helped fad some of the red marks. I've never heard of argan oil, but my face can get dry from tretinoin and other oct products so how do you compare it to other products out there?