Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Heine

DIE YOU ACNE. Heine's accutane log, finally.

November 4th, 2010

Oh yeah. Yesterday I was desperate after calling all the derms of my city and to learn that I'll have to wait 3 months to get an appointment. HELL YEAH :D. I'm not waiting that long, seriously. So I decided to call my dad who works in the pharmatical industry to see if he could do something about that...and yeah, he said ''oh well I called and they told me a derm could see you today''

today?! Omg! THAT FAST?! I couldn't believe it. So after refusing all the shitty creams and birth control pills he tried to give me, he gave me the real shit, accutane. So I know I will have a long journey, that I might want to curl up in my bed for days in the beginning but I think it's worth it after all I went through. Here is my story:

My story

I've known this website for several years but I never thought I'd post something someday because I just kept reading the posts and try new thing. So here is my story! I'm now 19 years old I've had acne since I was 12 years old, but at first it was really mild and from time to time, especially around my period. Back then I had no idea about skincare, I just washed my face way too much with hard products I found at home because my brother used to have bad acne (that went all away when he got older, lucky him) and putting way to much oily make-up on my face even if my skin looked pretty good. So yeah, I was really hard with my skin even for 2-3 pimples that would have healed without a fuss...so it got worse of course, when I was 16 years old. I started smoking, and I messed up with my skin even more with hard products. After dealing with constant acne, when I was 18 years old, I discovered clean and clear advantage acne kit and it kept me 98% clear for 1 year, and I started to live in my appartment and I went from a healthy diet to eating sweet cereals and puddings at every meal, but I didnt know at the time nutrition had such a big impact on your skin. I remember that time before my exams I exploded in really big cysts around my mouth, the type of acne I never got before and I started to freak out. I was still washing my face with the same products and it seems my skin got used to it and it wasnt working anymore. So i decided to change my diet completly by eating a lot of veggies, fruits, gluten-free, chicken, fish and nuts. It didn't change anything but I feel much better and less stressed so I'm sticking with that. After that, I went to the derm and I tried minocycline. This thing worked for 2 weeks and then my acne all came back after that. So I went off them and tried something else. Anyway, I heard that it stopped working after a few months because your body get immuned to them.

After dropping the antibiotics, I went on BPC pill and couldnt last 2 days because I was crying every 5 mins because it messed up too much with my hormones. So a friend of mine introduced me to her comesticians and I got weekly facials for 2 months. She made me buy really expensive products that seemed to help at first and then I noticed I started to break out on my cheeks, a place where I NEVER broke out before. But she kept telling me I had to stick with the products because it was some kind of initial breakout that was going on for..months. Yeah right. Then I started using vitamin b5, starting using 3g/day for 1 month. At first, I was so impressed because I havent had any new pimple around my mouth for 3 weeks which was INCREDIBLE for me because this is my problem area but I was still breaking out on my cheeks which was pretty frustrating.

After that, I raised my B5 intake to 6g/day for 1 month and it really helped me with the oiliness. I started taking fish oil, vitamin c, b-complex everyday as well. And then I went a on a backpack trip to europe, with my 384573857 products and my heavy skincare routine and I remember telling myself "How can someone put so much thing on his face? This is so not human." So i decided to throw it all away and buy simple non-comedogenal products at the pharmacy and guess what. My skin was ABSOLUTLY PERFECT. My cheeks cleared beautifully and my chin kept being clear.

For 1 month, of course. Then I started to get a few pimples on my chin so I decided to up my dosage to 10g/day for another month and here I am...I'm back home and my skin keep getting worse and now I'm back to the beginning, having at least 3 pimples a week which for me is pretty difficult to bear with since I tasted the clear skin not long ago. Since I was on a trip it was pretty difficult to stick with the strict healthy diet and I was eating a lot of bread, which maybe made a shock to my body because I was eating everything gluten-free before.

Oh yeah. So here I am. The derm told me to stop the b5 and start to eat normally. I'm so happy I won't have to take 3485738453 pills and wake up at 7 just to take my b5 and then go back to sleep. I'm so happy I will finally be able to go to sleep at 3 am if I want to instead of worrying about my face getting too dirty and my body getting to tired and exploding in pimples the next day.

So Yep, I'm 19 and weight around 52kg for 160cm (5'3''). I'm beginning tomorrow if my blood sample comes out right! My course at the moment:

- 20mg every two days for the first 2 weeks.

- 20 every day for another 6 weeks.

- And then the derm will decide if I up my dosage or not.

I've been a good girl and I bought:

- chapstick

- glucosamine

- omega 3

- vitamin c

Few pictures

There's a few pictures of my skin at the moment. I personnally think it's worse in real life because my camera is crap, but yeah, a few actives and a big fucking cyst that has been on my poor chin for 3 weeks now. My derm refused to give me a cortisone shot because he thought it was going to get worse..yeah right :/ And 2 pictures of me 2 months ago when my skin was crystal clear on the b5...don't know where it went wrong :(

post-135952-1288896850_thumb.jpg

post-135952-1288896863_thumb.jpg

post-135952-1288896869_thumb.jpg

post-135952-1288896877_thumb.jpg

post-135952-1288896892_thumb.jpg

post-135952-1288896898_thumb.jpg

post-135952-1288896850_thumb.jpg

post-135952-1288896863_thumb.jpg

post-135952-1288896869_thumb.jpg

post-135952-1288896877_thumb.jpg

post-135952-1288896892_thumb.jpg

post-135952-1288896898_thumb.jpg

Good luck!

You get the same type of acne i get on chin and near and around mouth and hardly any on cheeks. I got a monster cyst on my chin as we speak in the same spot as in your 2nd pic except on my left side. I fn hate them. I too tried the diet, and B5 with no luck and just finished a 90 day course of Bactrim about a week ago which kept the cysts away but i still got tiny breakouts here and there. And wa la what do u know as soon as i finish 2 cysts pop up, one on chin and other on cheek.

Anyways good luck and i will be keeping track of your log.

Thanks a lot :) Yeah the b5...it seemed to work for like 2 months and then bam! The worse breakout of my life. I never ever had cystic acne before and that fucker has been on my chin for 3 weeks now -_- When it gets dry and seems to go away, it comes back even bigger! argh! Hope accutane kills them!

Anyway, I'm prepared to go through anything to get my clear skin back :P

Thanks a lot :) Yeah the b5...it seemed to work for like 2 months and then bam! The worse breakout of my life. I never ever had cystic acne before and that fucker has been on my chin for 3 weeks now -_- When it gets dry and seems to go away, it comes back even bigger! argh! Hope accutane kills them!

Just wanted to say good luck! Not that you'll need it. I have been on the same regime for 10 days and the only thing I can suggest is just because it's low dose for the first 2 weeks, don't forget the moisturiser, I have definitely needed it... oh that and something for your lips. As far as a initial break out goes, i have been lucky to not experience much yet, other than the texture of my skin has really changed over the last week and a bit and it feels weird.. but you'll know it's working.

Just wanted to say good luck! Not that you'll need it. I have been on the same regime for 10 days and the only thing I can suggest is just because it's low dose for the first 2 weeks, don't forget the moisturiser, I have definitely needed it... oh that and something for your lips. As far as a initial break out goes, i have been lucky to not experience much yet, other than the texture of my skin has really changed over the last week and a bit and it feels weird.. but you'll know it's working.

Yeah I'm a little scared of the IB..when I went to the esthetician on monday and had a facial that purged my skin horribly (like 12 zits came out at the same time) so maybe it's going to lessen the IB since my skin already purged? :P anyway thanks for the advices, I bought everything that I needed just to make sure I don't become mutant at the end of the 6 months.

Day 1

Acne: So at the moment I still got some active zits because of my facial from monday...3 blind pimples and 1 big cyst on my chin that hurt so much I can't even smile properly YAY. I wonder if I'll be able to escape some of the IB since I already got a facial and my skin purged A LOT, like 12 zits at the same time, and big ones too. So yeah, we'll see about that.

Side effects: I'm a bit tired even though I didn't do anything drastic today, and my contacts were soooo dry at like 10 pm and I forgot to bring some eyedrops with me so I looked like a fucking retard always blinking my eyes at my friends place tonight haha

Going to sleep, definitly.

hey!

Good luck with your course!! I also will be tracking your progress. Hope everything goes well (im sure it will) and you'll clear up in no time :D:D.

hey!

Good luck with your course!! I also will be tracking your progress. Hope everything goes well (im sure it will) and you'll clear up in no time :D :D.

Thank you! :) I already feel weird...I remember the minocycline was making me tired and depressive...hope it doesn't do the same on accutane :(

Hey first off I'd like to wish you good luck on your accutane journey

Secondly Idk how significant this is but when did you get your peircings?

I got my noes peireced and that's when my acne started up! It could be the cause

Make sure you clean your jewelry and around the periced area and try to wear real silver

Or gold. I've been using a 9k gold noes studs and I think I helped lol idk if there's a relation

But think about it when did you get your peircings and when did you begin to break out?

hey!

Good luck with your course!! I also will be tracking your progress. Hope everything goes well (im sure it will) and you'll clear up in no time :D :D.

Thank you! :) I already feel weird...I remember the minocycline was making me tired and depressive...hope it doesn't do the same on accutane :(

just remember not to hold yourself back while on the course. Keep yourself busy. Hang out with friends and stuff :D.

Hey first off I'd like to wish you good luck on your accutane journey

Secondly Idk how significant this is but when did you get your peircings?

I got my noes peireced and that's when my acne started up! It could be the cause

Make sure you clean your jewelry and around the periced area and try to wear real silver

Or gold. I've been using a 9k gold noes studs and I think I helped lol idk if there's a relation

But think about it when did you get your peircings and when did you begin to break out?

thats pretty weird...I was breaking out before though!

goood luck!!!!!! just make sure u monitor how ur feeling. cuz depression is a side effect. and make sure u have a support system around u so they can watch how u r as well!!

goood luck!!!!!! just make sure u monitor how ur feeling. cuz depression is a side effect. and make sure u have a support system around u so they can watch how u r as well!!

Thanks a lot =)

Day 3

Okay...so day 3. Nothing special, really? My breakout from last week is still healing...that nasty cyst is going down slowly but surely. I keep getting tiny whiteheads on my chin though. I can't really complain, I prefer them small than nasty and big. My skin is dry but nothing horrible.

This is probably the worst week of my life...

First, saturday I spilled a glass of water on my computer, so I had to buy a new one because the repair fee would be higher than buying a new one.

Then, yesterday, I almost died in a car accident and they might not be able to repair my car.

Yeah.

At least I have no time to think or look at my skin.

This is probably the worst week of my life...

First, saturday I spilled a glass of water on my computer, so I had to buy a new one because the repair fee would be higher than buying a new one.

Then, yesterday, I almost died in a car accident and they might not be able to repair my car.

Yeah.

At least I have no time to think or look at my skin.

sorry to hear about this :(

Day 7

Acnewise, don't see much change. I keep having random whiteheads on my chin and my cysts are still not going down. Anyone had this issue? Like the cyst is not going down but little whiteheads keep coming up right next to the big cyst, like it's infecting the surrounding area? I swear I'm really good at not picking but when I wash my face the whitehead disappear by itself and it comes back the very next day..it's really annoying. Anyway, what can I do? I try really hard not to look at my face and scrutinize everything. I wanna let accutane do the job.

I haven't got the dry skin yet, so I still don't feel like moisturizing­ like crazy. Do you guys moisturize everyday even if the skin doesnt feel tight? I always wondered if moisturizing is really essential!

Some pictures:

post-135952-1289487615_thumb.jpgpost-135952-1289487620_thumb.jpgpost-135952-1289487610_thumb.jpg

post-135952-1289487610_thumb.jpg

post-135952-1289487615_thumb.jpg

post-135952-1289487620_thumb.jpg

Edited by Heine

Don't know if this is the IB but I'm breaking out in tons of whiteheads O_O so disgusting. I was in the bus today and when I looked at my reflection, I saw a big tail of white puss on my mustache area and when I came home one of my pimple popped by itself!! IT WAS SOOOOOOO DISGUSTING. Ugh. I work in a big store where there is ton of mirrors and I try really hard not to look, just to avoid making me depressed for the rest of the day.

Can't wait for this to be over...

its only day 7 so u have some time before u get dry. when that happens moisturize morning and night for sure. u could be getting the IB. i got mine at the end of month 1 though. IBs are kind of hard to predict. some people get short ones and others have them for a month or 2

I feel ya. I feel ya....

looking at the mirror and seeing that shit sucks.

but, you know what?

you are much more than that breakout on your face. fuck your acne.

you are more than it. straight up. don't let some shit on your face define you.

think of how smart you are, how talented, the great things you've done, whatever. let the things that really matter define you.

(im kinda on a tirade against acne right now...)

Kell: Yeah...I feel like I'm getting the IB right now -_- I wake up with at least 3 new whiteheads everyday so I just hope it doesnt get worse because it looks so gross :(

27yostillhasacne: Thank you for those words. That's what I try to tell myself everyday. It's so frustrating because I used to have clear skin so for me it's a new condition I must learn to deal with. I guess if I had it severe since I was 11 I wouldn't really mind. But yeah, everyday I tell myself: ''I don't care what people say.'' And the worst in all that is people double-checking your pimples with a glance. And you see that they lost what they were trying to say to you because they couldnt focus because of your face. So yeah...It's frustrating. I'm not used to be known as the pimple girl.

Jenny: Thank you! I'm only at day 9 and so I wish it could work faster haha