Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whereismymind1986

Mystery - why is one side of face constantly breaking out?

Hey everyone,

I need some advice on what I consider to be an annoying situation that I can't figure out. I've been dealing with acne on and off for 6 years and the only thing that ever completely cleared it up was Yasmin birth control pills. I went off of them last October and stayed pretty clear until my acne returned this August.

My acne definitely seems to be hormonal since it subsided with BC and returned along with my ovarian cysts (not polycystic ovarian syndrome - just large cysts with irregular periods.) I went back on BC at the end of September - I'm now using the Nuvaring. However, I seem to only be breaking out on the right side of my face consistently. I will occasionally get a breakout on my left cheek, forehead, or chin, but I am consistently dealing with little bumpy whiteheads on the right side of my face, some of which turn into bigger red papules.

The thing is, I feel like I'm doing everything I can to minimize contact with the right side of my face. I clean my cell phone one or twice a day with Lysol wipes; I sleep on my back or on my left side (never on my right); I avoid touching my face; and I always use clean towels, pillow cases, etc. However, it is always the right side that is flaring up.

Any ideas? I am on the Regimen and using Everyday Minerals makeup to cover up redness and breakouts. Also, what's the best way to deal with little whiteheads, some of which progress to bigger, redder pimples?

I have the same issue, I only break out on the left side of my face. I sleep on my back and my phone never touches my face! So annoying! I have heard that one cause of acne only occuring on one side of the face could be that one of the organs are not functioning properly on that particular side, and that makes good sense to me. However, finding out what the exact issue could be is like finding a needle in a haystack!

Mines my forehead.

Also, I've heard that your body functions can effect your face, I'm not too sure, but this video should explain some things -