Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cool-n-confused

applied BP and the next morning acne inflamed!

I have been on retin a (1 year) and have been prescribed also bp of 20%. I use the bp on my body/ back and i see very good results, back is almost cleared and chest has cleared up!. My face on the other hand was left with retin a and it has not cleared up but the pimples have reduced in occurance. Les breakouts but the retin a has made my skin look uneven and not smooth because of scaring.

I decided to apply the BP on my face and i realized initially that a stinging pain came . I found out it was because of the retin a and it had reacted i guess (maybe my skin layers were too thinned out)

I took a break off retin a for 2 days then applied the small amount of bp to my face and it didnt sting and i pimples decreased in size by the next day.

The day after that I apply retin a to try and start a regimen of retin a one day bp the next. so after that day I applied bp agian and very slight irritation i was feeling , like slight stinging on my face. I didnt really bother of it cause it was very slight . THe next morning i look in the mirror and WOW from the 2 small pimples i was hoping wud be gone, it grew or atleast looks soo inflamed and red. 2 big red pimples come and it looks like it got burnt or somthing.

It was bad and i am wondering why only those 2 pimples got inflamed when i applied bp on whole area of where old pimples used to be (red marks/dark marks). I have fairly dark skin and for this to notice being red it must be serious.

Have any of u guys experienced this before?

should i not apply anything tonight?

I need to be as clear as possible by christmass :(

Edited by cool-n-confused

Guest Timehealsall
I have been on retin a (1 year) and have been prescribed also bp of 20%. I use the bp on my body/ back and i see very good results, back is almost cleared and chest has cleared up!. My face on the other hand was left with retin a and it has not cleared up but the pimples have reduced in occurance. Les breakouts but the retin a has made my skin look uneven and not smooth because of scaring.

I decided to apply the BP on my face and i realized initially that a stinging pain came . I found out it was because of the retin a and it had reacted i guess (maybe my skin layers were too thinned out)

I took a break off accutane for 2 days then applied the small amount of bp to my face and it didnt sting and i pimples decreased in size by the next day.

The day after that I apply retin a to try and start a regimen of retin a one day bp the next. so after that day I applied bp agian and very slight irritation i was feeling , like slight stinging on my face. I didnt really bother of it cause it was very slight . THe next morning i look in the mirror and WOW from the 2 small pimples i was hoping wud be gone, it grew or atleast looks soo inflamed and red. 2 big red pimples come and it looks like it got burnt or somthing.

It was bad and i am wondering why only those 2 pimples got inflamed when i applied bp on whole area of where old pimples used to be (red marks/dark marks). I have fairly dark skin and for this to notice being red it must be serious.

Have any of u guys experienced this before?

should i not apply anything tonight?

I need to be as clear as possible by christmass :(

good lord, 20 percent bp!?!?! ON YOUR FACE??? stop using that now!