Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cupkate

Makeup Assistance Requested...

Hi,

I'm looking for a good foundation....like many other people on this board! Any suggestions will be appreciated but a drugstore brand would be preferable, mineral or liquid. I have an oily nose and forehead, but dry cheeks and chin. Oily/Combination I suppose.

I've just had a hard time finding something that stays on! I work in a very busy bakery, so there is lots of physical activity, steam, etc.

There are some great reviews on mineral makeup here, but I wondered if it would stay put through the day.....or at least until lunch!

I've tried Revlon Colourstay (which really caked on dry spots, and had to scrub off), Maybelline Superstay (which melted off and turned a vibrant shade of orange) and for some reason most Covergirl foundations break me out.

What I have to cover....sebaceous filaments, a handful of blackheads, inflamed pimples, an occasional nodule, and plenty of hyperpigmentation. Mild to Moderate....

Thanks in advance! :whistle:

Hi,

I'm looking for a good foundation....like many other people on this board! Any suggestions will be appreciated but a drugstore brand would be preferable, mineral or liquid. I have an oily nose and forehead, but dry cheeks and chin. Oily/Combination I suppose.

I've just had a hard time finding something that stays on! I work in a very busy bakery, so there is lots of physical activity, steam, etc.

There are some great reviews on mineral makeup here, but I wondered if it would stay put through the day.....or at least until lunch!

I've tried Revlon Colourstay (which really caked on dry spots, and had to scrub off), Maybelline Superstay (which melted off and turned a vibrant shade of orange) and for some reason most Covergirl foundations break me out.

What I have to cover....sebaceous filaments, a handful of blackheads, inflamed pimples, an occasional nodule, and plenty of hyperpigmentation. Mild to Moderate....

I hear rimmel lasting finish foundation is a good one that lasts all day, I have yet to try it though and its formula is mineral emerged so thats a plus. They also have a matte one if this one doesn't interest you.

Hi,

I hear rimmel lasting finish foundation is a good one that lasts all day, I have yet to try it though and its formula is mineral emerged so thats a plus. They also have a matte one if this one doesn't interest you.

I heard the same thing about that rimmel foundation! i havent tried it but heard mainly positive reviews on it. Check Makeupalley.com for the reviews!

I was browsing in Wal-Mart today and came across this.....

Does anyone have an opinion on Physican's Formula Minerals?

How is the coverage?

the plain PE minerals are really quite good - they do have parabens, but that's neither here nor there with regards to acne. Don't be put off by color names with 'translucent' in the title - they aren't. The lighter shades all seem to have that - poor choice by PE imho. Get your own brush, wait several minutes after moisturizing, layer lightly until you reach desired overage.