Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Girls, i need your help!!

1) ive been on a few different birth control pills in order to attempt to try and calm down my acne, they dont seem to have had an effect, im on mycrogynen now and my skin seems to have suddenly gone from bad to worse after changing from yasmin (that made me extremely tired) so im unsure whether i should stick it out or try a new pill? any suggestions?

2) im looking for a good primer (ive never used one before) for my extremely oiley skin around my T-zone area, and need some advice of anybody willing?

3) after many attempts and a lot of money spent ive come to the conclusion i should probably give up with foundations as NOTHING seems to stay on all day without me having to thicken up the layers of foundation or constantly blot, i have quite a few deep reddish scars and quite red skin overall so often use a lot of foundation when applying but because of my oiley sking nothing stays in place without me looking like ive been hit by a frying pan!, ive never tryed a mineral foudnation as im skeptical about the powder being able to cover scars and large spots. any suggestions as to good foundations to use??

4) i also use dual cream but it still doesnt stop my skin from breaking out and cetaphil as a cleanser

ANY suggestions as to what would calm my skin down would be greatly appriciated

thankyou xoxoxoxoxo

Girls, i need your help!!

1) ive been on a few different birth control pills in order to attempt to try and calm down my acne, they dont seem to have had an effect, im on mycrogynen now and my skin seems to have suddenly gone from bad to worse after changing from yasmin (that made me extremely tired) so im unsure whether i should stick it out or try a new pill? any suggestions?

2) im looking for a good primer (ive never used one before) for my extremely oiley skin around my T-zone area, and need some advice of anybody willing?

3) after many attempts and a lot of money spent ive come to the conclusion i should probably give up with foundations as NOTHING seems to stay on all day without me having to thicken up the layers of foundation or constantly blot, i have quite a few deep reddish scars and quite red skin overall so often use a lot of foundation when applying but because of my oiley sking nothing stays in place without me looking like ive been hit by a frying pan!, ive never tryed a mineral foudnation as im skeptical about the powder being able to cover scars and large spots. any suggestions as to good foundations to use??

4) i also use dual cream but it still doesnt stop my skin from breaking out and cetaphil as a cleanser

ANY suggestions as to what would calm my skin down would be greatly appriciated

thankyou xoxoxoxoxo

Hiiii : ]

Ortho tri cyclen has worked well for me.

Smashbox has good primers, Stila also has a great primer. Dr. Hauschka's balancing oil might be a good thing to try for you. It really helped me control my oily skin. Sounds counterintuitive but it's not!

What foundations have you used? I like YSL.

What is dual cream? Are you possibly looking for a new moisturizer?

Sorry for all the questions haha trying to get the deeeetails :)

is that a contraceptive pill? (sorry ive never heard of it) ahh thankyou i will deifnately invest, im going to pry the internet for a very natural one but i have no idea where to start! where abouts can i buy the oil from? i have used so many i cant even remeber haha! but to name a few, laura mericer, benefit, clinique, elizabeth arden, bobbi brown and carita, most of them are the basic long lasting foundations for oily skin :) ive never tryed to ysl one ill have a nosy tommorow when i go shopping though thanks! duac is a night time cream which you can get prescirbed from your doctor (thats where i got mine from) which helps clear up skin, it did help a little but it didnt have the effects i had hoped for! the moisturizer i use i have been using for a few years which is Olay and i have never tryed any others, whihc one do you use?

And no worries, thannkyou for the tips :) x x x

Before I started using BP, my face was super oily, and the only thing that seemed to help make my foundation last (I either used L'Oreal True Match or Lancome Teint Idole ULTRA) was using a mattifying moisturizer, a Matte foundation, and set with a matte compact powder. I sometimes used a primer as well. Two moisturizers that didn't seem to break me out were Shiseido Pureness Mattifying Moisturizer or Lancome Pure Focus Oil-Free Moisturizing Lotion. I also noticed that if I didn't set my foundation with a compact powder, I would be an oil slick in like an hour. I wouldn't use a powder brush for powder, because it seemed not to get enough powder on my face to absorb the oil, so I would use a sponge or Kabuki brush to apply the powder over my foundation. With an oily face, we don't really have the option to apply "natural" looking makeup like other folks, because "dewy" and "glowy" turn into a big face melting mess. ;) I've also used smashbox photo finish primer, and I don't think it broke me out, but after reading a bunch of reviews for all different primers, it seems like primer in general is a big acne agitator. If you use both a primer and mattifying lotion it may reduce the appearance of oil, but it may dry out your skin, so I would use a decent moisturizer at night to make up for it. :)

I'm in the same boat as you about the primer. Lately, I've read lots of good reviews about Dr. Brandt's Pores No More as a primer for oily skin. I haven't tried it myself, but it's definitely on my list. I've tried smashbox and laura mercier, but neither of them were very impressive ... just decent.

As for foundation, you should probably look for something with lots of pigment to cover up the redness. I liked the coverage of CoverFX, but I have really sensitive skin, and it broke me out alot so I had to stop using it. I also liked the staying power of Revlon Colorstay, but that broke me out too. Mineral foundations just seem to exacerbate my oiliness, plus they transfer way too easily, so I'm trying to stay away from those. Goodluck with your search!

Before I started using BP, my face was super oily, and the only thing that seemed to help make my foundation last (I either used L'Oreal True Match or Lancome Teint Idole ULTRA) was using a mattifying moisturizer, a Matte foundation, and set with a matte compact powder. I sometimes used a primer as well. Two moisturizers that didn't seem to break me out were Shiseido Pureness Mattifying Moisturizer or Lancome Pure Focus Oil-Free Moisturizing Lotion. I also noticed that if I didn't set my foundation with a compact powder, I would be an oil slick in like an hour. I wouldn't use a powder brush for powder, because it seemed not to get enough powder on my face to absorb the oil, so I would use a sponge or Kabuki brush to apply the powder over my foundation. With an oily face, we don't really have the option to apply "natural" looking makeup like other folks, because "dewy" and "glowy" turn into a big face melting mess. ;) I've also used smashbox photo finish primer, and I don't think it broke me out, but after reading a bunch of reviews for all different primers, it seems like primer in general is a big acne agitator. If you use both a primer and mattifying lotion it may reduce the appearance of oil, but it may dry out your skin, so I would use a decent moisturizer at night to make up for it. :)

hii :) sorry whats BP? im going to go for some makeovers and see which makeup lasts so i will definately try the landcome one! but im the same, if i dont use loose powder my face looks AWFUL! it is so frustrating. ive heard a lot about kabuki brushes so i might invest! i thought a primer was to block the makeup from getting into pores, so ill try and grab a few sample and see how each works! thankyou!! :)xx

I'm in the same boat as you about the primer. Lately, I've read lots of good reviews about Dr. Brandt's Pores No More as a primer for oily skin. I haven't tried it myself, but it's definitely on my list. I've tried smashbox and laura mercier, but neither of them were very impressive ... just decent.

As for foundation, you should probably look for something with lots of pigment to cover up the redness. I liked the coverage of CoverFX, but I have really sensitive skin, and it broke me out alot so I had to stop using it. I also liked the staying power of Revlon Colorstay, but that broke me out too. Mineral foundations just seem to exacerbate my oiliness, plus they transfer way too easily, so I'm trying to stay away from those. Goodluck with your search!

i will search for it and try get some, when i try it ill let you know how it goes, as i too have very sensitive skin and break out very easily! which do you at the moment? im desperate to stick to one foundation as constantly changing canot be any good for my skin! x x

i will search for it and try get some, when i try it ill let you know how it goes, as i too have very sensitive skin and break out very easily! which do you at the moment? im desperate to stick to one foundation as constantly changing canot be any good for my skin! x x

Yeah, definitely let me know if the primer seems to work out for you! I'm actually still searching for a good foundation now, too. People have been suggesting Shiseido products and the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, so I'm planning on getting a few samples to try them out. In the meantime, I'm just sort of using random foundations/tinted moisturizers I have laying around... most of which I don't really like - but at least I know these don't break me out.