Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iwannasetheworldonfire

Does Benzoyl Peroxide get rid of blackheads?

I've been using 2.5% BP for like 3 weeks now and although my skin is almost clear from any inflamed acne, my cheeks are still plagued with blackheads Why is that? Doesn't BP get rid of blackheads? Do you have to extract them first before applying it? Should i increase the BP to 5%?

Guest Timehealsall

i noticed that when i used BP on my nose for blackheads, these blackheads turned into plugs, and sometimtes the plugs peel away alone, sometimes you have to use force (usually when cleansing, it rubs off) Unfortunately, however, the holes that these plugs leave have not closed up for weeks!

You may add in a scrub and yes the AHA, which is on the recommendation of Laura. If you say Dans BP isnt working for blackheads, ofcourse it isnt. Why do you guys dont read this whole forum? Start with the important topics.

Mandelic acid works wonders for blackheads to. 'According to people on this board'. I havent tried it yet.