Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SurferGirl656

Going from "Paleo" to "Healthy Skin Diet" for 8 weeks

So the last month or two ive been on the "Paleo" diet its worked really well and got me totally clear but it is a really boring and anti social way to live. so ive been reading The Healthy Skin Diet by Karen Fischer and im going to give it a try for 8 weeks. hopefully i can keep my clear skin and have a new diet because the recipes look amazing! so here we are, i guess this is day one!

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

What kind of a diet is it, in terms of what is and isn't excluded compared to Paleo?

Hmm, where to start? :think: haha

basically its a non dairy, low gi, low sugar, low alcohol etc all the things youd expect from an "acne diet" but basically you can eat non gluten grains and some starchy veges every known and again. basically her concept is that you should eat alkalising, low gi, nutrient/vitamin rich food while cleansing your system and having a good skin care routine/ exercise regime. its honestly a reeeally good book ive learnt so much from it over the last few days. its hard to explain everything, i mean there is crap loads of good stuff in it!

Thursday, 28 October

Breakfast: Buckwheat crepes with coconut cream

Lunch: Red apple and a handful roasted almonds

Dinner: Lemon+ginger chicken breast with roasted onions and capsicum, broccoli and cauiflower.

Dessert: Crepes again with lemon juice ( soooo good! :surprised: )

My skin is actually looking better somehow, i know thats pretty stupid since its the first day but normally even though my skin is clear the red marks are pretty bad and my skin is suuuuper dry. right now its looking alot calmer and even some bumps from some diet cheating a few days ago are gone ( buckwheat is highly anti inflammatory, could be that? ) anyway, im happy, hopefully it lasts!

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Congrats with the early mini results :D

That sounds waaay too complicated! I'm too lazy to follow a diet like that. Even if it cleared me, I love food too much :P

haha same here girl! thats why i had to change from paleo! haha honestly there is some seriously yum recipes on this diet and you still get to eat heaps of foods that most acne diet restricts. awesome!

Day Two

Breakfast: Buckwheat pancakes with lemon

Lunch: Green apple, walnuts, tuna with brown rice

Dinner: Green lentil curry, onions, garlic chicken and brown rice

Dessert: More pancakes, haha.

Drinks: 2 litres water, lemon+hot water

No new breakouts which im happy about! I also had so much more energy today, seriously! Normally by 3rd period at school im literally dying but today i honestly felt really good. All the bumps from my "cheats" last week are gone and my skins looking less dry which is also good. So yeah, im pretty damn happy right now :surprised:

Soo.. a few new breakouts ( just one on my left cheek and a few teeny tiny ones on my chin ) because we had like NO food in the house and i ended up eating things i shouldnt be on this diet ( way too much brown rice, butter chicken ( would of been fine if home made :/ ) and some other stuff.. ) but luckily tomorrow were going food shopping after school. ive made a list from the book of the main ingredients in all the recipes ( pretty much the same haha ) so yeah if anyones interested here it is:

spinach

carrots

onions

avocados

green beans

capsicums

broccoli

cauliflower

tomatoes

chicken

tuna

salmon

eggs

garlic

ginger

coconut milk

chickpeas

hummus

lentils

thats basically going to be my diet for the next week. the whole idea is to eat 80% alkalising food and 20% acidic. i also need to go to the health store so i can pick up some stuff:

Apple Cider Vineger

Chlorophyll

Linseeds

Flaxseed Oil

Its so wierd how this time last year i would be excited to go get pizza or an ice cream and now im actually excited to go buy vegetables :lol: but now i've seen results its like some sort of wierd addiction. like i want my skin to get better and better and better all the time. only acne sufferers could ever understand!

Is the acid/alkaline amounts the only ting that differs this from paleo?

And yeh, I defintely understand what you mean :D

you dont have to read a book for that. When clear on a diet you can just find how far you can go by introducing new stuff and looking how much cheats you can tolerate.

Is the acid/alkaline amounts the only ting that differs this from paleo?

And yeh, I defintely understand what you mean :D

Um, yeah i guess so! and also your allowed lentils, chickpeas, potatoes etc unlike Paleo.

The week plan is like poultry day, fish and gluten free day, vegetarian day, red meat day and then you just repeat adding in different recipes each day...

So how did this diet go for you? Im thinking of getting this book because I too am bored of paleo!