Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chrisanthamum

retin-a vs. epiduo?

hey guys, i've been on epiduo for over a month now and nothing seems to be getting better. This is so fucking frustrating. I used retin-a a long time ago and it worked then, i just didn't think it would work now--so should i switch over to that or stick with epiduo? whats the difference between the two? any personal experiences with either one and how long did it take for you to see results? i'm so fed up with this shit on my face!!!!!! any advice would be faaaaaaantastic-- thanks!

I gave up on epiduo after 2.5 months. My acne got worse. And while I was using it, everything I put on my face after it (sunscreen, moisturizer) BURNED the crap outta my skin. And if it had any fragrance in it, I had it clean it off of my skin immediately. Ugh, bad memories. All that pain and backwards progress, it just didn't work for me.

Retin-a is trentinon and epiduo is benzoyl peroxide and differin mix. They both are retinoids so it will take at least 3 months (retinoids cause the skin to purge) before you will really see significant results. I would hang in there for another month or 2 then talk to your doctor if there is no improvement.