Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I used this for the second time tonight and it literally burned my face. I applied it after the BP dried in place of the moisturizer and my face nearly instantly turned red and started burning. This didn't happen this first time i did this which was two nights ago. And i didn't do anything different except applied a little more than last time. I want to be able to use this but now i'm terrified to ever put this stuff back on my face. How do i prepare my face for this or what can i do to keep it from totally burning my face?

Edited by HereUntilCLear

Lol, the '+' is for '+ licochalcone', I believe.

It's pretty normal for the AHA to sting or burn a bit, and for skin to be a little red after application. You might want to try waiting a few extra days between applications (maybe only use it once or twice a week), and only use a small amount.

See if that helps, and then, if it does, you can gradually work your way up to using a larger amount, more often.

Everything c'est said plus I found it helped to run around in circles, scream and shout and fan my face. That was when I first used a glycolic acid product and I didn't even use any other products at all!

Your skin does get used to it. :)

...plus I found it helped to run around in circles, scream and shout and fan my face.

:lol: Too funny...I also found that helped in the beginning.

I have to agree with both c'est and Wynne, after a while you won't notice the burn/sting anymore. I have also found Dan's AHA to be a little less moisturizing than I'd like, so I moisturize after it which tends to neutralize the burning/stinging a bit, when/if it does.

LOL I must have a defunct tube.... Mine hasn't burned my face the few times I have used it as a moisturizer. :/

LOL I must have a defunct tube.... Mine hasn't burned my face the few times I have used it as a moisturizer. :/

Some people are lucky and don't seem to experience any burning. Doesn't mean it's not working. Just means you're one of the lucky ones! : )