Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Miss Tinkerbell

second week, accutane

Hi i was wondering if there is anyone out there who can help me, i'm nearly 2 wks in on accutane but my skin on my face has become oily instead of dry, whats going on??!!! I also got 3 new cyst-like zit things on my face that really hurt. My lips are dry and sore as expected but i'm really worried as to why my face has become so oily, also what to wash with or put on, please can someone out there help me with whats going on????????????????????!!!

Wahey! you're from the U.K. too.

As for your face.. everyone tends to experience an initial breakout when starting accutane treatment, I'm not really sure why it occurs but there you go.

For me, I experienced the exact feeling you are experiencing after week 1.. my skin felt like it had been smothered in butter.. a really heavy, sickly, odd feeling..

This is perfectly normal and I only experienced it for a few days before I started to dry out. SO DON'T PANIC!!!

As for what to wash your face with I personally only wash my face with water now.. for fear of soap or facewash drying my face out more..

Just grin and bear it is all I can say and It'll get easier soon..

Good luck!

Edited by spots_go_away

ya initial breakout. don't worry. it usually comes at week 2, thats when tane starts affecting the body. give it another 2 weeks and it should subside and u start getting better.

Thank you so much for your support everyone, its so nice to have feedback from people who understand!!!! Yeh ya right i've hung in there like you advised me and i'm beginning to dry up woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! And its so nice to not be alone, you have all made me feel less lonely, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hey tinkerbell,

so i didn't really begin to notice extreme drying until about 3 weeks in. As you probably know, accutane takes a while to really come into effect. Once you hit the 2 month mark (which is where I'm about right now), all your acne should begin to be drying out a lot... at least that's whats happening to me. On my back/neck/chest in particular, I'm still getting whiteheads/nodules on most days, but the majority of my acne has begun to scab. you should start seeing the same results soon if you haven't already.

anyway, best of luck on your accutane journey! please keep us updated on your progression! As I mentioned, I'm on my 7 week and I absolutely cannot wait till my body acne starts to slowly clear for good (hopefully it will.... eventually). :D

Hey tinkerbell,

so i didn't really begin to notice extreme drying until about 3 weeks in. As you probably know, accutane takes a while to really come into effect. Once you hit the 2 month mark (which is where I'm about right now), all your acne should begin to be drying out a lot... at least that's whats happening to me. On my back/neck/chest in particular, I'm still getting whiteheads/nodules on most days, but the majority of my acne has begun to scab. you should start seeing the same results soon if you haven't already.

anyway, best of luck on your accutane journey! please keep us updated on your progression! As I mentioned, I'm on my 7 week and I absolutely cannot wait till my body acne starts to slowly clear for good (hopefully it will.... eventually). :D

Hey tinkerbell,

Hey tinkerbell,

Ta it helps to hear from people a bit further on in treatment, yeh i can feel myself gradually drying out now, very exciting hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!