Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AmeliaHarte

I've completely CLEARED my acne!!!!

I've been clear for nearly a month now and, I don't know if acne can go "into remission", so I'm assuming that I'm now clear. I used to have severe(ish) acne, took minocycline and my acne cleared and came back moderate/mild. Then my acne just wouldn't go away, I took every antibiotic under the sun. I did not take Roacc but I am not allowed to (nut allergy).

Several months ago, I spoke to a chinese herbalist woman, not about herbs, but about what the chinese believe causes acne. She told me that cold foods e.g. ice cream, melon (which i eat A LOT of) were the reason but I just laughed and ignored her advice.

So, I just decided to cut ice cream out of my diet - as it was winter and there's no need to overdose on chocolate ice cream. No change.

I then cut out melon (I used to eat melon at least 3 times a week), and weeks later, my face was becoming clearer. When my face was reasonably clear, I decided to eat some melon. And I had a massive breakout overnight. Every single spot was pus filled and they literally appeared overnight. I left melon alone and let the breakout heal. My skin became clear again.

I just did the melon test last week and the exact same thing happened. The breakout lasts 3-4 days and then leaves my skin clear. It's really weird.

I'm going to be doing the melon test again in about a month.

Btw, I do have an allergy to melon - confirmed by skin and blood tests. Melon just makes my throat and mouth itch, but I never knew that it could have an effect on my level of acne. and I am not taking any antibiotics.

Hopefully, this is the end of my acne!?

Edited by AmeliaHarte

hmm interesting. ive noticed that after i eat ice cream i have broken out before, i always thought it was the dairy in it. ill try cutting it out of my diet and seeing what happens

thanks for the insight

It could also be the sugar content of the ice cream and melon. Larry Thiele has a really informative website about his experience with sugar-caused acne. I followed his (free) program and cut all refined sugar out of my diet and my skin cleared like %75. I can also break out a little bit from high concentrations of natural sugar like in watermelon.