Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pleasegodletme

HELP with my severe scarring

Hi

I have battling scars for five years and had loads of light treatments and am now ready to take a deep plunge. I have seen several doctors - none would give me TCA cross as I thought this is what I needed as they say TCA is for deeper scars. One doc said use a heavier Retin A, what? What an idiot. Both docs I consulted last week say my scars are more like deep pores. Take a look they are pretty extensive. The only time I have been happy is when I had microswelling following certain procedures.

Any tips please.

post-139395-1287245881_thumb.jpg

post-139395-1287245881_thumb.jpg

Edited by pleasegodletme

Hi

I have battling scars for five years and had loads of light treatments and am now ready to take a deep plunge. I have seen several doctors - none would give me TCA cross as I thought this is what I needed as they say TCA is for deeper scars. One doc said use a heavier Retin A, what? What an idiot. Both docs I consulted last week say my scars are more like deep pores. Take a look they is pretty extensive. The only time I have been happy is when I had microswelling following certain procedures.

Any tips please.

I cant get my photos to upload - any tips?

I have to say your scar is not bad at all... ...

I don't really have experiences, but did a lot research, ur can try Fraxel, but not TCA, which is for icepik.

Have you ever seen severe acne scarring ? Yours is definitely not severe. To call this severe is really a joke.

But I know for girls it's much harder to have acne scars than it usually is for guys. But they are really not severe. I guess you could have good improvement on those.

You should do laser skin resurfacing (fraxel repair or some other laser - not fraxel restore) and maybe have one subcision before and you will be fine.

Edited by Mr.Don

Hi, you're scarring is not too bad at all. I had C02 laser about 7 weeks ago and saw a slight improvement and now going back for a second and final one in about 6 wks time. I am also using fillers. With the two procedures, you can achieve quite a good result. Best of luck to you

HEY

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. I have been through tons to get my skin here - Smartxide (one), peels, saline, PRP (one), TCA cross, dermarolling and I am here. When I say severe, it is because they were bad and perhaps I am still caught up in "my old skin" mentality. I know they could be worse, but they still bother me. I hate feeling defeated by life at 7 am in the morning, just because I looked in the mirror. I might opt for fillers as I am very scared of lasers. Look at Bad Intruder he is unhappy after a massive Fraxel Repair.

Anyway, thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

How bad you were?

Mind share some pics?

I would say 10-15% worse. Nothing has helped, that much. My mom says I look exactly same, so no improvement, she says I wasted my time and money with treatments. She is brutal and honest. However, I think the texture is slightly better. That is it. Scars all still there. I did a lot of it by myself - TCA and dermarolling. Smartxide once and PRP once with a doc. Bough the peels at a store... Anyway, am trying saline now with a doctor as my problem is scar tissue and texture,

honey, yours isnt even bad at all. it really looks more like scarred pores if anything. mine is pretty bad b/c i have it along my temples and all over my right cheek. My right cheek is pretty moderate to severe. Trust me, I have it way worse.

I would not consider this to be moderate or severe. I highly doubt fillers would do anything for you. Seems like scarred pores/ice-pick. I would think that if you were to do anything cross would be the best treatment. I would consult with more drs

CROSSes can be repeated. That's not even moderate scarring. That's minimally mild! So please relax a tad, try to look at yourself more realistically.

CROSSes can be repeated. That's not even moderate scarring. That's minimally mild! So please relax a tad, try to look at yourself more realistically.

Going in for a Fraxel Repair consult tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Talked to the nurse and she says they have tons of before and afters. She said "this is no quick fix" and it will take "a long time to heal". I know, I know. Will report back. I am guessing I will need about three to be happy,

I know this is not what you wanna hear, but DON'T DO ANYTHING. You have beautiful skin and it is not worth get into any procedure since there might be risks.

Trust me

You are probably right - but I cannot live like this. It is killing me. It is a risk I am prepared to take IF the results I want are achievable. I cannot do nothing. I feel like I am killing time. I want to live life again.

X