Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

washing + irritation?

Guest Timehealsall

Guys i have been washing my face 2x a day with a gentle cleanser (cetaphil gentle cleanser) everyday. However, instead of splashing my face with water in my sink, i usually get a clean cup, pour water in it, and then let the water pour down my face.

My question is, can doing this cause more irritation than splashing water on the face?

definitely, less is definitely more. For example, I notice that whenever I wash my cheeks for longer than say 10 seconds I will have small tiny dark breakouts the next morning even with a moisturizer. I can't even cleanse with CeraVe cleanser on my cheeks simply because its very drying and will lead to breakouts and I even have a charcoal filter to reduce chlorine in my tap water. the SLS in the Cetaphil might be a little drying if u use it twice a day on dry sensitive skin. The past week and a half Ive only been washing with just water twice and night and no breakouts so far at all. I really feel that skin dryness has been a huge factor in my acne. I had a horrible chin problem that didnt go away with prescription topical medication and I added jojoba oil to my moisturizer and it worked great for my chin so far. no new spots in near 2 months. Unfortunately jojoba oil did not mix well with my cheeks... or nose...

Edited by mboona

Guest Timehealsall
definitely, less is definitely more. For example, I notice that whenever I wash my cheeks for longer than say 10 seconds I will have small tiny dark breakouts the next morning even with a moisturizer. I can't even cleanse with CeraVe cleanser on my cheeks simply because its very drying and will lead to breakouts and I even have a charcoal filter to reduce chlorine in my tap water. the SLS in the Cetaphil might be a little drying if u use it twice a day on dry sensitive skin. The past week and a half Ive only been washing with just water twice and night and no breakouts so far at all. I really feel that skin dryness has been a huge factor in my acne. I had a horrible chin problem that didnt go away with prescription topical medication and I added jojoba oil to my moisturizer and it worked great for my chin so far. no new spots in near 2 months. Unfortunately jojoba oil did not mix well with my cheeks... or nose...

wait so washing with a cup (putting water in a cup then pouring on face) is irritating?

Yes regarding the cetaphil washing, i usually rub it on my skin for like 5 seconds, then wash it off.

wait so washing with a cup (putting water in a cup then pouring on face) is irritating?

Yes regarding the cetaphil washing, i usually rub it on my skin for like 5 seconds, then wash it off.

no that doesnt sound irritating at all. doesnt sound raelly necessarily either. just try washing with the cleanser once a day if it still irritates ur skin then stop using it and try something else. like CeraVe or nothing at all and see what happens.

Guest Timehealsall

the reason i wash with my cleanser 2x a day is cause i follow the acne.org regimen. Doesnt it require us to wash 2x a day with cleanser? If i did wash 1x a day, when shud i be washing? At night or morning?

well if u have fine then keep doing it, but if u are experiencing dry skin or itchiness/tightness etc associated with irritation and dry skin, then just do once at night. but like i said, SLS will dry your skin out and cause irritation.

Guest Timehealsall

isnt the SLS in the cleanser minimum though?

what if i switched cleansers? Any reccomendations as to other good alternatives?

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.