Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Abomination

Slightly confused what's going on with my skin.

Heya. I'm a 20 year old male and have had relatively clear skin all my life, part from few pimples here and there. But lately I've been getting these big, red things under my skin. You can feel something relatively solid when you touch it and they tend to show up at the same place all the time, either on my chin or jawline. There's always at least one "active", it seems that when one settles down another one shows up...and they last for weeks and are slightly painful. With those I still get normal pimples at random, more often to my jawline than my face. Also my nose is plastered with blackheads...think I cover all the bases for bad skin here.

Anyway, I wanted to ask for any helpful hints and tips that could help me before this gets out of hand. I bought some "Seba Med Clear Face" products, I'm not sure are these good or not...I don't know a lot about these things. I got facial toner, cleansing foam, moisturizing gel and...err, a piece of soap that should help acne. Is there anything else I should be doing?

Hey Dude,

Getting exercise?? I find doing a steady, daily cardio workout is beneficial in keeping those cysts down.

Good luck man.

A similar thing happened to me. I always had a stray zit or two but I developed actual "acne" around December of last year. I got very painful, large, RED bumps all along my jawline, forehead, and chin and it went away with the use of Differin (on my forehead only) and then the Regimen, the latter of which has proven itself far more effective in getting rid of and preventing blemishes. Now I have nothing on my face except for practically-faded PIH that you can't see under tinted sunscreen.

Good luck, and not to push it but if I were you I wouldn't waste my time experimenting with prescriptions and dermatoligists. Try out the Regimen first and if that doesn't work you can turn to the derm later.