Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Every year it happens. Just as summer comes, acne on my face and neck disappears. And every year i think maybe thats it (im 23 years now) . And every year im wrong. It comes back around september-octomber with flying colors (mostly red :) ). I have acne on chest back too but it doesnt affect it that much, it decreases in summer some but not that much as face and neck. Anyone else feels familiar? Maybe something can be done about it?

are you at least doing something to treat the acne you're getting?

i used to get more acne in the winter, i think it was just because my skin was dryer though.

I tried numerous stuff, but it didnt help or make it worse. Had no influence on my acne at all. Im thinking its inside problem.

do you change anything at all from the summer to fall? diet, lifestyle, etc.?

Thats the thing i dont. Except of course at summer you stay out more outside. Im asumming it has to do a lot with sun. We dont get much sun around here since october starts.

If you think its the sun, then try UV light therapy. It might work. I dont know much about it and I have never tried it, but I think it would be worth a shot for you. Good luck!!!

Do you ever take vitamin D? I personally haven't stuck to any vitamin regimens long enough to see if they actually have a nice effect on my skin but I've heard of other people using vitamin D when their acne normally clears up with the sun. Make sure you check the ingredients though. Rancid oils could make you break out more.

do you change anything at all from the summer to fall? diet, lifestyle, etc.?

Thats the thing i dont. Except of course at summer you stay out more outside. Im asumming it has to do a lot with sun. We dont get much sun around here since october starts.

Vitamin D3 is a good start, plus considering moisturizing while IN the shower or immediately after getting out.

Try to get outside even in the cold weather but be protective of your skin. Moisturize to avert that icky dryness. Try to maintain as close to the same lifestyle as during the summer, activity level, outside, diet, etc.

Maybe you have leaves that need to be raked or hedges that need pruning, or weeding to be done, or whatever in your garden. Those are very wonderful activities for improving mind and body and mood. :)

This post is not directed at anyone in particular.

I'm so sick of people telling me i should avoid the sun like

it's the plague.

Excuse me i need sun so my body can metabolize vitamin D!!!!!

maybe you don't need to because you are a vampire.

I love the sun, in fact i worship it. Sure it has it's evils but there is much good about it. We would not exist without it and we would die without it. It has always been there for us since the beginning and it will probably eventually extinguish mankind if we don't do ourselves in first. :) Have a nice day!

Amun

This post will self destruct.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

If you think its the sun, then try UV light therapy. It might work. I dont know much about it and I have never tried it, but I think it would be worth a shot for you. Good luck!!!

I started taking vitamin D3 2 weeks ago. So far no changes. Also using 1% BHA gel twice a day, not sure if i should use it twice or once a day. Im gonna start tanning, i heard positive and also negative things about it. I guess i will have to see for myself what will it do to me. Also started baking soda treatmen twice a week.

P.S my skin isn't sensitive and its oily.

Edited by Sirva