Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dr.Chu and Dermarolling

Hi,

Does anyone know if Dr.Chu from UK still do dermarolling?

This is an interesting article written by him

http://www.cheshirelasers.co.uk/documents/...odyLanguage.pdf

He most certainly does

I was with him on Wednesday for a cross.

The problem is he has become so busy that he has got some spanish woman to do the dermarolling now for most patients. I think if you specify you want Dr Chu to do it then you may be ok.

The guy is a legend, i really rate him highly and am so happy he is based in the UK.

Edited by pumpkin21

Hi,

He most certainly does

The problem is he has become so busy that he has got some spanish woman to do the dermarolling now for most patients. I think if you specify you want Dr Chu to do it then you may be ok.

The guy is a legend, i really rate him highly and am so happy he is based in the UK.

Thanks for the reply, what was your consultation like?

Guest Timehealsall

have peoples scarring actually improved from mr.chu?

What about icepick type scars on the nose?

have peoples scarring actually improved from mr.chu?

What about icepick type scars on the nose?

i dont see any reason in getting ice pick scars on the nose professionally treated. i've gotten rid of mine successfully using strong tca peels - in less than a fortnight too.

hey claire - i buy the combo pack (25%-50%-100%) from perfect complexions. shes the woman with the hair covering her face - a little seedy but her products seem good. some people say her peels are slightly weaker than advertised, but ive had no problems at all. delivery takes a little while, esp to sydney, but its so worth it.

i've done the same with the scars on my cheeks and whilst ive seen results, they arent nearly as impressive as on the nose. ive done a few more on my cheeks and forehead (today actually) and will see how the turn out.

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

Hi,

He most certainly does

Thanks for the reply, what was your consultation like?

Excellent (as always) I didnt know about this new doctor come in to specifically do rolling and cross so i refused treatment and said i had travelled to continue treatment with dr chu. He said he was more than happy to continue seeing me and it was moreso a measure taken for new patients to have to move over to see the new doc.

I have to warn anyone looking to see DR CHU through NHS the waiting list can be approx 6 months

How much are his dermarolling sessions?

My skin has definately softened out to point it is hard to see scarring in certain light, i think rolling combined with cross is a great treatment

My skin has definately softened out to point it is hard to see scarring in certain light, i think rolling combined with cross is a great treatment

How much does Dr Chu charge per dermarolling session?

Search Dr.Chu dermaroller, the answer is posted somewhere.

If I'm remember correctly, it's something like £200-300, but not too sure.

What do you guys think the different is between having dermaroller done at home and by a 'professional'?

hey claire - i buy the combo pack (25%-50%-100%) from perfect complexions. shes the woman with the hair covering her face - a little seedy but her products seem good. some people say her peels are slightly weaker than advertised, but ive had no problems at all. delivery takes a little while, esp to sydney, but its so worth it.

i've done the same with the scars on my cheeks and whilst ive seen results, they arent nearly as impressive as on the nose. ive done a few more on my cheeks and forehead (today actually) and will see how the turn out.

Thanks for that cartwheeling monkey was thinking about purchasing some peels to try at home so i might give those ones a try i still can find the combo pack that you buy there on that website.

What do you guys think the different is between having dermaroller done at home and by a 'professional'?

Well put it this way, someone like Chu Knows EXACTLY what he is doing, he will press as hard as he sees fit and in the directions he believes are best.

Plus if you are lazy like me you have it all done for you, just sit back and take the pain :surprised:

Well put it this way, someone like Chu Knows EXACTLY what he is doing, he will press as hard as he sees fit and in the directions he believes are best.

Plus if you are lazy like me you have it all done for you, just sit back and take the pain :surprised:

Hey Pum, did dermarolling do anything for you?

Definately softened them up to point where they are not very noticeable dont get me wrong it hasnt eliminated them completely but they have definately got better

Would say course of maybe 6 would be good measure for any results or lack of

I'm starting to seriously consider dermarolling.

How long is the downtime? I've heard there is a lot of blood. Does it then wipe off or keep bleeding for awhile? I would guess most of the downtime is redness, which I can handle.

Definately softened them up to point where they are not very noticeable dont get me wrong it hasnt eliminated them completely but they have definately got better

6 sessions? spaced how long apart? are they shallow scars or deep ones? did you use any topicals?

6 sessions? spaced how long apart? are they shallow scars or deep ones? did you use any topicals?

Thats what he recommends, my specific scars are shallow with about 3 deeper ones mainly box ones.

Emla cream is used before procedure. Treatments are spaced out every 3 months (i think this is due to how busy he is)

personally i would space out every 6 weeks if doing myself as you will see quicker results and 6 weeks is enough time for skin to regenerate

Thats what he recommends, my specific scars are shallow with about 3 deeper ones mainly box ones.

Emla cream is used before procedure. Treatments are spaced out every 3 months (i think this is due to how busy he is)

personally i would space out every 6 weeks if doing myself as you will see quicker results and 6 weeks is enough time for skin to regenerate

cool, did you use any topical for inducing collagen or promote faster healing? you think one week is enough for the discoloration to blend in with the rest of the face?

Anti - Em,

I haven't started yet but I've read about it and it seems like how much "downtime" is according to how aggressive you roll and if you also individually needle each scar. With a 1.5mm roller I expect it should bleed but just a little from each tiny hole, maybe a drop, but it will look pretty bad because of how many little holes there are. Your face might be covered in blood? (I've seen YouTube videos and there appeared to be some blood, looks much worst then it is) But it should wip off and clean up very easy. Over the years my face has "bleed" a lot so nothing new there! :)

If that was all you done I would guess a few days downtime, maybe about three. But if you also needle each scar I think those would take a little longer to look OK, maybe about two or three more days.

If your young and/or in very good physical condition maybe it might be shorter. For the first time I would allow a little longer time just in case, then later treatments you would now.

That's how much time I plan for myself.

Maybe some others here can correct me if I'm wrong?

Edited by Freejoy