Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pat07

CLEARED by adding Neutrogena Multi-Vit Acne Treatm

I have been pimple-free now for months, so I would like to mention this to others who may also benefit.

The regular acne.org Regimen was not controlling my acne breakouts until I added one step: in the evenings I also use Neutrogena's Multi-Vitamin Acne Treatment lotion (contains 1.5% Salicylic Acid) after the BP and before the moisturizer (see steps below). Some time ago, Dan mentioned that one of his BP testers reported success with adding this one step. (The tester added this on her own...Dan wasn't and isn't personally recommending it.)

I had success with this extra step, but then I decided to try removing the extra step when I started using Dan's BP Gel. MISTAKE! I broke out! So, I added the Multi-Vitamin Acne Treatment lotion back into the modified regimen and I have been clear ever since.

I don't know if this will work for everyone. Some people say that using BP and SalAcid in the same regimen is way too harsh, so if you have sensitive skin, then this might not be for you. But for those of you who use tons of BP and you still break out, then you might want to give this extra step a try. I feel that BP and SalAcid may both be needed for certain problem acne cases like mine. If you're still breaking out, then consider adding this extra knockout punch!

My present regimen:

MORNING Regimen (Normal acne.org Regimen just like Dan's videos)

1. Wash gently with Purpose gentle wash. Wait 5 minutes.

2. Apply plenty of Dan's BP Gel (like Dan's video shows). Wait 5 to 15 minutes.

3. Apply Eucerin renewal moisturizer (I use a lot less moisturizer than BP).

EVENING Regimen (Includes an *extra step* between the BP and the Moisturizer)

1. Wash gently with Basis sensitive skin bar. Wait 5 minutes.

2. Apply plenty of Dan's BP Gel like Dan's video shows. Now wait an extra 5 to 15 minutes until the BP Gel is fully absorbed and dry. (I'd recommend the full 15 minutes here if you have the time.)

*3*. Apply Neutrogena's Multi-Vitamin Acne Treatment Lotion (I use a lot less of this than BP...this additional step's lotion spreads and absorbs rather easily). Wait another 5 to 15 minutes. (5 minutes is probably enough time here if you're short on time.)

4. Apply Eucerin renewal moisturizer (I use a lot less moisturizer than BP).

I noticed an improvement from this one change in less than a week and have been clear for months. Before, I ALWAYS had a new pimple here and a new pimple there...well, no more breakouts now! This modified regimen is working so well for me that I don't want to change anything.

A big thanks to Dan for his Regimen, for his economical BP Gel, and for his thoughtfulness in mentioning one of his tester's experience with the Multi-Vitamin Acne Treatment lotion.

yea i got the multi-vitamin acne treatment too. I used to use it when I was trying various products. It helped me get a smoother complexion (which is what it is supposed to do). But it didn't really help stop the pimples from coming. I still got a couple new ones each week. It seemed as though the marks were fading also (it includes glycolic acid and salicylic acid and other fruit extracts.. whatever that does).

I guess it does what it does to some extent. Maybe mixed with some other products it will be useful.