Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Violet

Poll: How many Smoothbeams have you had?

How many Smoothbeams have you had?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How many Smoothbeams have you had?

• one
    • two
    • three
    • four
    • five
    • six
    • seven
    • eight
    • nine
    • ten or more

you would get acne breakouts after using smoothbeam laser, thats strange. Do you believe its because of smoothbeam or maybe just coincidence

I have had two treatments, with no real results. I also had a worsening of acne post treatments, that was the main reason I decided against having another. Any improvements that I saw at the start were gone by 6 months. However, it did increase my oil production. :eek:

I've had 3, and am going in for my 4th next Tuesday. A very slight increase in oil production after the treatment, but am hopeful for good things from this. The small pimples that started to form were easily taken care of with Dan's BP and a SA wash.

Hols and Flightmight both said they did NOT experience any improvement until after their 5th smoothbeam, so I think the key is to not give up too soon. Also, to be realistic about what to expect.

I had had 4 treatments with results.. nothing too crazy but i do see improvement.. and i have been so busy i havent been able to go for more in like 2-3 months.. iam starting again with another 4-5 treatments..

One good thing about smoothbeam is the downtime = 0 a little redness goes away within a day.. so thats why iam going to go for some more, hopefully i continue to see results.. otherwise i will have to take some time off and go for something like dermabrasion

I've had ten treatments in all; no improvement. I've actually noticed some indented areas that were not there before smoothbeam; initially it seemed do dry my skin alot but now that I've stopped tx, my skin seems more oily than before..... :wall:

I had 2 treatments and same thing as all------NO IMPROVEMENT! I have not heard one story of dramatic improvement from anyone whatsoever using smoothbeam! Do you think thats some sort of coincidence? I mean come on guys! Not even one person has said HEY THIS WORKS GREAT! AND THEY CHARGED ME 900$ for 2 treats!! I am a sucker i guess! (Who should prob change his name)

Smoothbeamin... cool.gif

I have had 6 treatments and despite what you may think...there are those who have seen improvement..and I am one of them. I had pretty severe acne scarring on my cheeks and temples. I have seen about a 50% improvement, which for my situation, I am pleased. My derm recommended I give my skin 4-6 months to let the collagen grow before I consider a 7th. I may decide to go the dermabrasion route to finish the job or depending on my improvement, go get 3 more smoothbeams. I will tell you. I did not see noticeable improvement until after the 5th time. I was starting to panic until after the 5th. As you will read in the other posts, you must give it time. 2 is not enough..just my two pennies..

Yes people here who have done 2-3 or even 4 treatments and are expecting to see an improvement you might be dissapointed.

I think with smoothbeam you need atleast 8 if you want pretty good results on your scars.. and remeber SB works best on rolling scars that are not too deep.

and also it matters the strength your own.. i dont do anything less then 14, and about 100-150 zaps on each side of my face.. make sure your doctor does highlevel and plenty of zaps..