Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just turned 30 and my acne is still not going away. I am not sure b/c I wear make up but I am tired of it. I have tried everything in house. I have even gone to see my GP anf I can't take any medications b/c I am trying to get pregrant.

Please help?

what should I do.

Try not using make-up for a few days... See if there's any improvement. It could be as simple as that. If you're subconcience(sp?) about your acne then try it over the week-end or when you dont have to leave the house

Not to be rude, my advice dont have kids.

If i had extreme acne, then i would not want to give that gene to my kids for acne, even though it doesn't guarentee that your kids will get it, chances are higher than somebody who has no acne history.

I realized with my acne, and i wouldn't call mine severe or bad, how hard it is to deal with it growing up constantly treating it and loosing your self- confidence.

From this, i would not want to put my kids through the same experience. I know acne is trivial compared to cancer and other fatal diseases. But this disease is something that can steal your youth and mess you up mentally. It all depends on how strong someone is, and how they deal with it.

Its not my decision what you do, so whatever you do i hope everything works out for you biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

If i had extreme acne, then i would not want to give that gene to my kids for acne, even though it doesn't guarentee that your kids will get it, chances are higher than somebody who has no acne history.

I realized with my acne, and i wouldn't call mine severe or bad, how hard it is to deal with it growing up constantly treating it and loosing your self- confidence.

From this, i would not want to put my kids through the same experience. I know acne is trivial compared to cancer and other fatal diseases. But this disease is something that can steal your youth and mess you up mentally. It all depends on how strong someone is, and how they deal with it.

Its not my decision what you do, so whatever you do i hope everything works out for you biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Guest Tracy

Come to think about, what i said was rude. Even if i feel this way i shouldn't tell anybody to feel or do the same.

All i am saying is that its been hard the last few years, a real struggle. Acne can cause more problems than just blemishes on your face. Its bothered me some, but i know a few that totally broke their spririt completely, its like the acne took everything that's great about some people i knew and replaced it with insecurty, and no confidence. Whenever i talk to them, its like they are not the same person.

I just see how it can affect people, and all i was saying is if you can avoid the hurt your kids would experience, then it might be something worth considering.

It may seem shallow and superficial, but i know teens that completely blamed the parent they got the acne from sometimes displaying hate towards them. Its hard enough to deal with your teens but to have this acne issue arrise is just another thing to compound and complicate these important years when boys and girls turn into men and women.

Take Care biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Philly#1 *Removed by Moderator due to insult* and telling someone not to have kids because of their acne is terrible. Just a very very very stupid comment. I know this may be hard but if you can't distinguish between what is acceptable than just keep your mouth shut.

Hey--Take it easy guys. I think we have all felt depressed and sometimes helpless because of our acne. Philly is just expressing his/her thoughts and I understand those feelings. I have a teenage son who has develped mild acne and I have felt responsible but also, I know that he is fortunate becasue I understand exactly what he is going through and I will do ANYTHING to help him. Hopefully by the time your children get to be teenagers, acne will be more treatable.

Phillys comment was completely unacceptable. I would expect more from a 10 year old. If he/she didn't want his comment to impact her decision to have kids than he/she should have kept his mouth shut. You don't make *Removed by Moderator due to insult* comments like that and expect them to even remotely consider it.

HEy Somebody,

I did not mean to be malicious at all. And even though i believe in the comments for the most part that i stated, i have no right to tell anyone to do or not do something.

I definitly could of stated my thoughts more eloquentally.

From my experiences, i have seen acne really break people's spirit, so if you can spare someone the pain by avoiding having kids, then its something someone might entertain.

But you are right, its not as simple as saying "well if you have bad acne, then dont have kids". Like many of you stated its not a guarentee that your kid will have acne if you did, but it sure increases the chances.

And if the kid gets it, boy it can be a b*tch! I am not talking pimple here and there - Mild to Moderate Acne. I am talking about the really severe acne, that not only hurts mentally but literally too. I knew 1 or 2 kids as a teen that had cysts on the face, neck, back, butt, scalp, though this condition is rare, if its you, then it doesnt matter if its rare, you have it!!!

Tried It all, you got my drift of what i was trying to express.

Again, i did not mean to hurt anybody on the boards, just stating my opionions as blunt and real as i can be! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Somebody,

Something else i forgot to mention. YOu stated " That if i did not want to impact her decision to have kids, then i wouldnt of stated it" Well, first of all just because i state something doesn't mean the person has to take my advice. Is she has strong convictions about having kids, then my advice will do nothing to change her decision.

If i started a thread and said i was depressed and needed advice and someone replyed by telling me to committ sucicide, i would not abide by that? Its the same thing

You understand????

lets think about this a little bit thought folks, the acne treatments really are getting better year by year. i mean if this person has a baby, its gonna be atleast a good 13 years from now that they would have problems with acne, IF they even get the gene. you guys cant tell me that in 13 years the acne treatments arent gonna be really good. i personally love kids, i mean i couldnt imagine what it will be like if i dont get the chance to have babies one day sad.gif

Sad Caroline,

Well your right in some respect that acne treatments should get better with technology. But people i know who had acne in the 60's, 70's had basically the same treatment they have today, they had most of the antibiotics and they had the topicals including benzoyl peroxide, so in some respect we have not mad alot of progess in the last 30-40 years.

Another Negative thing i have been reading was the fact that they said in some respects, acne was better treated 30+years ago, because that's when they first introduced antibiotics, thus they worked better because they were new to the body and it was extremely effective in killing bacteria.

Now though, as a result of using the same main antibiotics like minocycline, tetrocycline, doxcycline, the bacteria is evolving because its a living organism. Scientists are now suggesting that the bacteria is building resistance these antibiotics now, so this a major problem.

Solution_ They better come up with new antibitics or the best would be a cure, but i doubt something like this for a long time sad.gifsad.gif

I think they had accutane for a while but im not completely sure. I've had friends with what I would consider severe acne be cured. Pilly I think what somebody is trying to say is that if you give someone advice like its going to be hurtful regardless if they take it or not.

You cant take accutane if you are trying to get pregnant, it can cause defections to the baby.

Yeah sure, you can take accutane if you are a man or a woman not wanting to get pregnant, but what's the solution for a woman who has sever acne and wants to get pregnant.

I dont know on, maybe just the topical meds.