Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PBSAM

How long is long enough?

What is the general timeframe for sticking with a new treatment before admitting defeat, it's not working, and move on to the next thing?

A few months, probably. Although, if something is working you should be able to see some changes (albeit subtle) within a few weeks.

What is the general timeframe for sticking with a new treatment before admitting defeat, it's not working, and move on to the next thing?

I've been on treatments and just given up within 3 weeks because i have sensitive skin and all those side effects are even worst than acne itself. Murad gave up in a month because it burned like hell, Proactive gave up in a month because the cleanser was basically a scrub and the toner burned me and then the BP lotion felt like lava on my face, and really I started doing this Acne.org regimen not even knowing about Acne.org and did this for 1 year and was the only regimen that has worked for me , but its not close to desired results.

I still get huge pimples and i say out of the whole year...i may have two few good weeks without any break outs, just my skin healing. ( this is sad , but true)(i'm thinking about going on Accutane)

I say give it about 7 weeks. IF there is no noticeable and agreeable difference in your skin then just drop it because only you know what's right for your skin. Everyone talks about 3 or even 4 months, but thats ridiculous since you shouldn't be on something if its making your face look more terrible than it already is. People who say wait it out for 4 months just want to make money off of you...40-50 days is acceptable time to see if it is working because it only takes about 2 weeks for acne to form and breakout to the top layer of your face. The key here is that the side effects are not making you look worst than when you were not on that particular regimen.

Hope that helped...good luck on your adventure on destroying acne.