Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Swain

aloe vera as moisturizer?

Does anyone use an aloe vera gel as a moisturizer? What are your experiences in doing so?

What's the best gel to use? Thanks!

hi there,

i used aloe vera gel straight from the plant on my spots for a while, and it didn't do anything to them, good or bad. i'm not sure if it moisturised them, but my skin wasn't dry when i was using it. i wasn't using dan's regimen at the time though.

hope that helps!

I use aloe vera gel which comes in a bottle. It comes in a soft gel, have to break it up and then apply it to the face. But it can also be consumed.

For me, I experience instant smoothness on my face. It really does a good job in moisturising. However, it is very oily. I only apply it at home on certain days when I don't go out. I leave it on from morning to evening. After washing your face, all you can feel is smooth skin.

It is supposed to have healing properties too. I am still experimenting whether it is good for removing red marks. :blink:

I used to use aloe vera every night and it never seemed to hurt...in fact, I tend to think it may have helped to heal the red marks just the slightest bit faster. That said, as far as moisturizing goes, it didn't do much. I definitely wouldn't recommend that you use it as your daily moisturizer in the morning because in my experience, my face goes back to feeling tight after the aloe dries...i.e., it has very little moisturizing benefit, at least after the first five minutes of having it on.

Oh, and make sure you use 100% gel so it doesn't have additives like alcohol. I like Fruit of the Earth- it's cheap and pure.

For me it did not really moisturize at all, it faded the red marks. I would apply it at night and then in the morning I would go through my routine and apply a moisturizer.

I have stopped using Eucerin Skin Renewal AHA recently and switched to strictly Jason's 98% Aloe Vera Super Gel for moisturizing. It doesn't quite "moisturize" the skin as something like the Eucerin, but overall it has helped with the fading of red marks and surprisingly my face is not as oily during the day as it use to be. Overall, I suggest you give it a try. I guess it really depends on an individuals skin type, so results may vary. -J

I use it as a moisturizer at night, and I agree with the others, it doesn't feel like a regular moisturizer, but it has evened out my overall skin tone and helped my red marks fade a little faster. Makes my skin feel really smooth too. It's good if you have blotchy skin and want to even out your skin tone, and it's not oily at all for me.

my skin was really drying up badly but this aloe vearo intensive care made it heaps better, and it doesn't make mine oily at all