Dan

Thinking about making a moisturizer

Would you buy a good SPF 15 moisturizer for $6.50  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a good SPF 15 moisturizer for $6.50

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe So

Many people have asked me to make a cleanser and a moisturizer to go with the bp gel. Since I only have the resources to make one of those at this point, I'm thinking about a moisturizer.

It would be alpha hydroxy free, but should be highly moisturizing and will be made specifically to go great with bp.

It contains SPF 15 which turns out to be the most expensive part of the whole thing. Still, I can get the price as low as $6.50 for a 4oz. tube. Would you guys order that if it was available?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan,

In all honesty, absolutly. I whole-heartedly endorse your BP gel.. and anything you will release in the future and I'm sure almost everyone else here will too.

If the quality is good, the price doesn't matter that much to me, by the way.

I don't understand the point.

There's already lots of moisturizers on the market, in bulk quantities, for relatively cheap.

That simply wasn't the case with high quality B.P. Hence, your gel was a fantastic idea.

I simply don't see the need for a moisturizer, and I don't see where you would have a hand up on anyone considering Eucerin, Cetaphil, etc.

I personally wouldn't buy it because I prefer to have SPF 30 or higher but thats just me.

And as someone said before, if you do make an SPF moisturizer make sure it has avobenzone or another good UVA blocking ingredient.

I'd buy it. The only problem I forsee is that there are some pretty significant differences between moisturizers as far as consistency and oiliness, and people have different preferences with respect to these qualities. I myself think Neutrogena and Cetaphil do a good job, but some people on the boards seem to complain that they cause too much shine on their faces. People with oilier faces might want something that's more watery like Oil of Olay, which in my experience, left my face flaky because it wasn't moisturizing enough for my dry skin.

There's already lots of moisturizers on the market, in bulk quantities, for relatively cheap.

That simply wasn't the case with high quality B.P. Hence, your gel was a fantastic idea.

I simply don't see the need for a moisturizer, and I don't see where you would have a hand up on anyone considering Eucerin, Cetaphil, etc.

Dan, I think a cleanser would be a better plan. Moisturisers just aren't a one size fits all product. Cleansers are...if you think of cetaphil as the bog standard cleanser - you can improve on their product by using a less harsh surfactant (ie no sodium lauryl sulphate) and by putting humectants (ie glycerin, or silcones) front and centre on the ingredients list.

I would definantly buy either one but I would prefer a cleanser if that was possible because i have a lot of success with the neutrogena spf 15

Guest Tracy

I'd prefer a gentle cleanser rather than a moisturizer.

I would buy anything that would complement the BP gel... cleanser or moisturizer.

Most, if not all of the moisturizers are not specifically made with use of Dan's BP gel.

Well, I took everyone's comments into consideration, and I think I am going to forgo making a moisturizer for the time being for two reasons.

1. There are pretty good ones already on the market

2. I don't want to lose credibility if people think I am making a moisturizer just to make money off the regimen

In the future, who knows, but right now, I think I'll just stick to bp gel.

Thanks for your input.

-Dan

Dan, Please make both! I do not care in which order, but you are my only hope! YOU ARE MY ONLY HOPE! I am 28 and your bp gel has helped me so much, but I still have issues with cleansers and moisturizers. (cleanser drying me or not removing all my makeup and moisturizers too oily looking or not moisturizing enough) You are the ONLY person I have faith in that can produce an effective product. Please let me and others know if we can help you produce these products. It is THAT IMPORTANT to me and, I am sure, others. I want to help you help us; is there ANYTHING I can do? You are the best!!!

Dude make it please i need a good moisturizer that doesnt leave my face greesy. i trust you and buy your bp gel and continue to. please make it.!

id fuckin buy that shit right away, why no aha? i dont really use sunscreen as it is tho, but it would be great having a moisturizer that actually works

sorry to put a downer on things, but this thread is from last year? he would of decided by now, n by the looks of things, he aint made none sad.gif

Guest TylerD

Well this is old but just curious Dan why didnt you end up making the moisturizer??