Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coleb

apparently ive been using it wrong

So I've been using retin a and stievamycin as a spot treatment for a few years. Apparently this is wrong and I'm supposed to be using it to cover the whole area, which in my case is the entire area surrounding my mouth + chin. My question is will I see better results using it this way than I have been getting just using it on the specific zits as they pop up? I was about to go to the doctor to ask about more powerful meds when I learned about how to apply it properly.

Also my second question is: is stievamycin appropriate to use on inflammatory acne? I mostly get inflamed red papules around my mouth that leave red marks for long amounts of time. Should I be using it or is it just for mild acne like whiteheads and blackheads?

Edited by coleb

u probably would because u would cover the whole area to prevent future breakouts rather than just fighting the one u have at the time.

Retin A is not a spot treatment. You should use it all over your face. It will prevent future breakouts and make your skin really smooth.

Stievamycin is great on inflammatory acne because it contains antibiotic.

I am not sure why you have both retin A and stievamycin?

Stievamycin is retin-a PLUS antibiotics all in one.