Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
honooko

Texture of Dan's BP gel?

Hi guys,

I have been using the regimen for about 6 months now, with a three month gap when I moved from the USA to South Korea and discovered they don't have BP here. I was using Neutrogena's On the Spot in the USA because it was pretty easy for me to get a hold of and I was used to it. But since moving to Korea, I wanted to buy a larger size so I don't have to pay out the rear for shipping so frequently.

It's the first time I've used Dan's products, and I'm noticing it feels kind of different. I know OTS is a cream, and Dan's is a gel, which makes a difference. But I'm noticing a slight gritty feeling when I put it on that I never felt with OTS. I don't think it's my skin, because I use a pineapple exfoliating peel before putting anything else on my face. I can feel grit on my face when I slide my fingers over, but if I rub my fingers together, no grit. I'm starting to wonder if maybe the "grit" is actually a chemical reaction on my skin. It stays feeling a little gritty even after the gel has completely soaked in and I've applied moisturizer.

I'm not unhappy with it, and I'm not going to stop using it, but I'm a little worried that my bottle suffered during shipping overseas. I did a search and saw another "gritty" post, but it didn't really answer my question. Has anyone else noticed a very fine grit feel to the gel that they never felt with OTS cream?