Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kassi

Going out on a limb and trying this!

Okay, so after visiting this site and looking, I've finally decided to try the Regimen. I'm using the store items that were recommended instead of the Acne.org products.

Cleanser: Clean and Clear Foaming Face Wash

BP: Neutrogena On-the-Spot

Moisturizer: Eucerin Everyday Protection (my store did not have Olay's moisturizer)

My History: I'm 29 years old, oily skin, and started getting blackheads when I was 12, and I've never had a break from acne since that time. I've tried all sorts of regimens, including Clinique's Acne Solutions, Proactiv, AcneFree, and others. It's really sad when I have more acne than the students I teach. I would love to have clearer skin, so I'm going to try this and I'm going to stick with it.

Thanks, lucyleigh!

Well, it's day 5 on the Regimen. I've been very proud of myself on a few levels. First, I've managed to maintain the Regimen completely, with doing all steps twice a day. My skin isn't irritated and red yet, so hopefully it will stay that way, but with the increase in BP in a few days, I may see more irritation after Tuesday when I bump up to a full finger of On-the-Spot.

As far as acne, it's definitely still there. My blackheads on my nose, around my nose, and my chin haven't changed much; I have white heads that have come up on my cheeks and along my jaw, but they disappear. As a matter of fact, I had two pretty close together on my cheek last night, and this morning they were completely gone. I also have a couple of pustules, one that looks almost like it's three in one--it's huge! But this has led me to be proud for another reason.

I am, disgustingly, a picker. The reason why I pick isn't stress so much as I hate the feel of the lesions, and the bigger the lesion, the more I want to get rid of it. I know, counterproductive to what I need to do. And as much as I want to pop these suckers, I'm telling myself not to and to give this regimen a real shot.

I'll update more in a few days.

Edited by Kassi

Okay, I was bad. I was proud about not popping those two in yesterday's log, but I succumbed. So I've decided to put some pics up to show my progress as well. These were taken this morning. I have nothing on them except the regimen.

post-135656-1281954358_thumb.jpg

post-135656-1281954372_thumb.jpg

post-135656-1281954390_thumb.jpg

post-135656-1281954358_thumb.jpg

post-135656-1281954372_thumb.jpg

post-135656-1281954390_thumb.jpg

Okay, so I started this morning with week 2 of my regimen (same thing, except the BP is bumped up). And what do I see when I first look in the mirror--more acne! Bunches of a little whiteheads and a new pustule on my chin. Oh well, such is life. I keep holding on with the excitement that maybe, just maybe, I will see clear skin...something I haven't seen in 17, 18 years.

It's been over a week since I reported anything in my log...I've been so bad...lol

Well, I'm now on Week 3. I'm seeing some improvement with the acne on my forehead (there's only one little pimple, but other than that it's clear). It looks like some of the blackheads may be gone, but it's hard to tell at times. I get the random whitehead that will pop up on my cheeks, but even then those don't last long. My problem area is still my chin, where I'm still getting papules, pustules, etc. I'm going to stick with this though!

The thing that has surprised me has been with the texture of my skin. It feels softer and smoother than its ever felt! I've used moisturizer in the past, and I may have fairly smooth spots on my face, but as a whole, my cheeks and especially my forehead feel so soft! Is this just a perk to the Regimen?

I'll try to post pics this weekend; this is my first week working with my students, so yeah, it's been crazy busy. Well, more later!

Hi Kassi,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I'm a teacher too and back to school next week. Feeling more spotty than the kids is what I've got to look forward to! Great. I am considering starting the regimen asap as I've tried everything and nothing really helps. Birth control pills did for years but I had to come off them due to developing dark patches on my forehead called malasma. That is slowly going but the price to pay was getting my spots back! Nightmare! I'll never go on birth control pills again though...I'd rather deal with acne than malasma.

It's really interesting to hear about how you're finding it all. How is your make up going on? Is it looking ok even with the BP on? And in your routine you take your make up off first before cleansing in the evening...what do you use to remove your make up? Have you had lots of flaky skin and redness? I'm really worried about that...

I'd be so grateful if you could let me know how things are going for you as you'll be just a few weeks ahead of me. I really hope it works for you! Fingers crossed.

S x

Steph--

That's awesome that you're going to give this a try! Will you be using the regimen you can buy through the site's store or are you going with a variation of the over-the-counter regimen?

First of all, I haven't experienced any flaking and not much redness--my skin may be a little red right after I put on the BP, but it settles down within the 15 minutes between the BP and the moisturizer. The one problem I do have may be connected to the BP I am using. I find that at times it "balls" up on my skin, and it may be because of the texture of the cream. I find that it goes on smoothly at first and then gets to feeling a little strange, but it dries fairly smooth. However, when it balls up, I take a clean, dry wash cloth and very lightly brush my face with it and that takes care of it.

I found that removing all of my make-up before washing my face was too much (my face felt way too dry after washing), so I use Almay's Oil-Free Eye Make-up Remover pads to take off my eye make up and let the cleaner take off the rest (it does a very effective job). I use Almay Smart Shade Smart Balance foundation, which helps reduce some of the oil. I don't use any powder, and it seems to work well.

Let me know how your regimen journey goes, and enjoy your last few days of summer freedom!

You should really dump Neutogena on the spot. I tried it and it is junk compared to Dan's Treatment. Dan's BP is much better as it goes on smoother, does not ball up - and alot cheaper! You should also try Dan's AHA. Using both of them will help you alot more than the stuff you are using now.

Edited by nitemare

@ nitemare--Thanks so much. Here recently I've been wondering if I should switch, because it bugs me a little that the On-the-Spot dries too fast and makes it difficult to spread thoroughly. And I noticed that you used the Acne.org moisturizer in the evening and the Eucerin in the morning--that works out okay for you? I didn't know what would happen if you wore the AHA morning and evening.