Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dont Watch Me

If you woke up tomorrow with completely clear skin

I would be like, "Oh, cool." and move on with my day. I'm already living my life despite acne, so losing it would not have made a difference at all. ;)

Well said and good for you.

If everyone had your view on it acne would be less of a psychological issue and people would live happier lives.

Its very refreshing to hear someone else say that.

If I was only going to have clear skin for a day, I would spend the whole day trying on clothes and makeup and hairstyles and constantly gazing at myself in the mirror and taking pictures and generally making the most of it....

If it was going to be longer than a day like...a year or something I would put on some really good clothes that are cut low, instead of my usual high necked tshirts.

So put on a vest top and a skirt or something, makeup, go out and smile at people and look them in the eye, meet up with some friends, boys I know, show them the new me....flirt with the boys..make the girls jealous...be the life and soul, not the shy one...

Oh my gawd. Just reading that question made me smile and start to tear up at the actual possibility of waking up tomorrow with clear skin.

I would look into the mirror with a genuine smile for the first time in YEARS and try not to sob like a giant baby. I would then touch my face (which isn't really good but fuck it I'M CLEAR!) and just relish the feel of smooth skin ON ME. I would freaking do a dance and a jog and yell at the top of my lungs before bolting out my front door and saying "Hello" to everyone I see without a single inch of makeup on me.

Basically...I would start living.

if i woke up tomorrow completely clear, i would be too stunned to do much. i would panic that absolutely anything and everything would cause my face to go back to crap.

i would thank god for finally getting me out of this pit that is my life the last 2 years.

i would sort of be in shock for the whole day. if i woke up the next day still with clear skin. it would be the single biggest change of my life.. i'd be happy.

i'd be able to meet up with my friends everyday and every time they asked me. when i hang out with them i'd have a real smile on as opposed to the fake one i've had to force for so long.

i think as a person i wouldnt be any different. i'd still laugh and make jokes all the time, spend everyday making it as easy and as fun for everyone else. the only changes that would happen is that i would be more social, a lot more social.

its nice fantasising about this.

I would kiss everybody. Cute ones on the lips!

You would do that? I don't care if you have acne or not, give me a kiss! ha ha

You're beautiful, even with acne.

what would you do?

the first thing i would do is look up flights to start planning a trip. nothing fancy, just hop on a plane somewhere and explore. i love to travel and would give myself a vacation after all the years i've had to struggle

i would attack life with a vigor like never before and go after all my goals

hit on the cutie that works downtown....thats of course on a day i caught her working

post my pic on every single dating site

the day i woke up clear i would go out around town....looking everyone in the eye, smiling at any attractive women i see.

I'm clear now with occasionally zits, but let's say if I have acne and woke up tomorrow with completely clear skin I would enjoy life and thank God for the clear skin. I am clear and I am enjoying life by myself... even though I'm still lonely because i used to hide when I had acne. I can't make any friends now. I am in college now since I'm clear.

But I swear if I had acne , I wouldn't go to college... LIFE wouldn't be fair. :(

Edited by EddieE

I would go out without make-up for at least 1 month to celebrate. Then I would never ever ever do anything stupid to mess up my system, ever again.

The funny thing is, I am not even wishing for clear skin now. I'm just wishing for that reasonably clear skin, perhaps with 2,3,4 small zits on my face. I know most of us are thinking "I would be happy when my face is clear". Now I have an interesting question for all of you guys.

If you are happy, what would you do?

1. Hit up with all my old high school friends

2. Buy a ton of nice clothes to make the best of my looks

3. Go on vacation

4. Look people in the eye and have confidence

5. Start Dating

6. Start being more sociable and make new friends

7. Go to parties

8. Stop worrying so much about what I eat

9. Stop freaking out

10. No longer be afraid of mirrors

11. Hit the Gym

12. Go to the beach

13. Stay out of the shadows

14. Stop wasting time and money on acne regimens

15. Move out of my parents house

16. Stop hiding at the library at school (when im not in classes)

17. Enjoy the fact that people no longer look at me weird

18. Be glad that underneath the bad skin I'm actually nice looking

19. Stop being so depressed

20. Live Life

The day that I'm clear will be the first day of the rest of my life.

Big list! I am sorry that you haven't had a chance to do all that. I hope eventually you'll be able to do all that.

Edited by EddieE
I would go out without make-up for at least 1 month to celebrate. Then I would never ever ever do anything stupid to mess up my system, ever again.

The funny thing is, I am not even wishing for clear skin now. I'm just wishing for that reasonably clear skin, perhaps with 2,3,4 small zits on my face. I know most of us are thinking "I would be happy when my face is clear". Now I have an interesting question for all of you guys.

If you are happy, what would you do?

I'm clear, and I'm kind of happy. Being clear didn't make my life any better.. just that now I go out cycling, go out with family sometimes, and now I'm in college... I am more busier now.. instead of playing games when I had acne.. I have to study... SO SAME OLD.... SAME OLD...

Edited by EddieE

id also plan a night out with all my friends and people who ive avoided for ages like a get together and make the most of it. and instead of hiding my face put my chin up and feel great something i havent felt in ageeeess

I would be so happy, I would not stop smiling. My life would be so different. When I see my girlfriend I would hug her and then look into her eyes, like I've never done before and tell her how much she means to me...

why can't miracles happen

1. Hit up with all my old high school friends

(ya, i wouldnt have to be so self conscious they willl find me freak)

2. Buy a ton of nice clothes to make the best of my looks

(yes, imagine i can wear almost anything, i know i would look lot more better)

3. Go on vacation

(yes, even holiday is much easlier without MU constantly)

4. Look people in the eye and have confidence

(i am always doing this cos i always have my thick makeup on)

5. Start Dating

(not trying be ego, but this i have no problems, i really mean this only abt dating. At least i would be happier and carefree with bf/ dating)

6. Start being more sociable and make new friends

(thats isnt a prob too cos my MU make me more confident thus more social)

7. Go to parties

(i never been before, feel i am too ugly to party)

8. Stop worrying so much about what I eat

(YESS!!!)

9. Stop freaking out

(YESS!!!)

10. No longer be afraid of mirrors

(i will look every now and then and admire myself lik no tomorrow)

11. Hit the Gym

(i never tired cos of my body acne)

12. Go to the beach

(i never tired cos of my body acne)

13. Stay out of the shadows

(i will be able to tilt my head up upon any light)

14. Stop wasting time and money on acne regimens

(Absolutely, and dont even dare to use fearing it would worsen current situation that SEEMS better)

15. Move out of my parents house

(i never dare to sleep over frens hse in fear of them seeing my true face)

19. Stop being so depressed

(I swear i will be happy everyday)

20. Live Life

The day that I'm clear will be the first day of the rest of my life.

I JUST CANT AGREE MORE ON THIS:

That would be my very first day of life!

I would die for having good skin.

Edited by Dreamlify
The funny thing is, I am not even wishing for clear skin now. I'm just wishing for that reasonably clear skin, perhaps with 2,3,4 small zits on my face. I know most of us are thinking "I would be happy when my face is clear".

I duno why but this seems to be my true answer.

Being realistic and serious enough, if ever one day i can have less than 3 pimples with any brown red scars, i think i can be happy and glad enough.

Like seriously.

Not even asking for more.

If i was guaranteed to always be clear, I wouldn't feel self conscious about it. And id wear more makeup , and do more with my hair i guess..

Edited by AppleWaffle

I would have a lot more time in the morning, not having to deal with covering acne. I would go to school in confidence and talk to everyone I know(and people I don't) and be able to look them directly in the eye. I would feel less insecure around my boyfriend and probably kiss him everytime I see him instead of trying to avoid him seeing me. I would most definatly brag around one of my friends who is always making some rude comment about my acne. I would plan a night out with my boyfriend and have the best time ever. I would be less moody and get in less arguments with my mom. I would stop worrying if that food with break me out. I would let go of worries and actually enjoy a Dr. Pepper. I would probably go out and buy some new clothes and makeup(mostly blush because I can't wear any. It brings out the reddness of my skin too much). I would be so confident and happy if I woke up with clear skin. I think I would sing out loud!!! haha :D

this was actually really fun answering. this is something I look foward to actually doing in the future :)

i have woken up clear many times, it turns a normal day into a great one, completely elevates my mood and self condifence. It never lasts though, a day or two later and i break out, thus returning to the normal drudgery of life

This has kind of happened to me, in the sense that one day I realized my skin was actually pretty clear compared to how it used to be (even though I have the occasional breakout)... surprisingly, or maybe not, it hasn't actually changed me at all.

A bit disappointing, to be honest. I was hoping I would have turned into a regular James Bond. :P