Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dont Watch Me

If you woke up tomorrow with completely clear skin

what would you do?

the first thing i would do is look up flights to start planning a trip. nothing fancy, just hop on a plane somewhere and explore. i love to travel and would give myself a vacation after all the years i've had to struggle

i would attack life with a vigor like never before and go after all my goals

hit on the cutie that works downtown....thats of course on a day i caught her working

post my pic on every single dating site

the day i woke up clear i would go out around town....looking everyone in the eye, smiling at any attractive women i see.

I reckon most people will still be suffereing from the mental effects.

Almost everyone i have spoke to on here since 2002 have all had the same problem. They get clear but then

"I still feel depressed"

This is because they haven't dealt with the mental issues that come with acne.

I'll ask you this. If i told you that you only had 6 months left to live would you still let your acne keep you inside or would you go and do all the things listed above?

I I woke up clear, and was guaranteed to stay clear for a long time, I would be a different person. And like you already said, I would probably hit on some girl I always see. God, I wish this would happen someday.

I would finally go out on the nice date with my boyfriend he's been wanting to go on. The cruel trick is that I get about one week of clear skin a month, so I get tricked into thinking I have self esteem again, then the next day my face is horrific. Acne is toying with me BAD.

what would you do?

i would attack life with a vigor like never before and go after all my goals

the day i woke up clear i would go out around town....looking everyone in the eye, smiling at any attractive men i see.

If it was forever.. I would rock out in uni definitely and my fb would have 2000+ frds.

I believe in God, so I would thank God first by donating some money to a charity

Then i would go out and look for a part time job, go to the beach and remove my shirt and show off my beach body

go out every single day and wear all my new clothes that i never feel like wearing cuz of my face

and show my gf the best time ever because i usually avoid her due to my acne

Almost everyone i have spoke to on here since 2002 have all had the same problem. They get clear but then

"I still feel depressed"

I'll ask you this. If i told you that you only had 6 months left to live would you still let your acne keep you inside or would you go and do all the things listed above?

This is true for me...

but it seems the rest of you not quite. It's sad that acne is the only thing holding you back from all of that stuff. I can think of a million other reasons why I wouldn't want to go on vacation, ask someone out, or go around without makeup on.

Edited by CheyCheyenne

The only thing holding me back is acne, not the mental issues that come with it.

Every time I'm even slightly clear, I'm in the best mood ever. When I put on makeup and I can believe my skin looks close to normal, my confidence increases +10000. The difference is incredible. So if I woke up tomorrow with completely clear skin, I'd pray like none other and then go out with zero makeup, my hair and head up.

The only thing holding me back is acne, not the mental issues that come with it.

Every time I'm even slightly clear, I'm in the best mood ever. When I put on makeup and I can believe my skin looks close to normal, my confidence increases +10000. The difference is incredible. So if I woke up tomorrow with completely clear skin, I'd pray like none other and then go out with zero makeup, my hair and head up.

You need to find a way to be confident when you have had a breakout.

Personality is 95% of the pie for me. You're good looking anyway so dont worry about it. When you're having a bad skin day just make your personality shines through and everyone will see you for you not for what is on your face.

Personality is 95% of the pie for me. You're good looking anyway so dont worry about it. When you're having a bad skin day just make your personality shines through and everyone will see you for you not for what is on your face.

I wish that were true. But I have noticed that in the three or four months when my skin was essentially clear, I got far, far, far more attention. When my skin is bad, I get none. I would like to be an idealist, to believe that people are not superficial. But they are - and it's instinctive. A horrible accident of evolution, but acne - being pathological - actually deters people. Because it's an illness that may or may not be reflective of good/bad health, good/bad genes etc. It's something people cannot help.

1. Hit up with all my old high school friends

2. Buy a ton of nice clothes to make the best of my looks

3. Go on vacation

4. Look people in the eye and have confidence

5. Start Dating

6. Start being more sociable and make new friends

7. Go to parties

8. Stop worrying so much about what I eat

9. Stop freaking out

10. No longer be afraid of mirrors

11. Hit the Gym

12. Go to the beach

13. Stay out of the shadows

14. Stop wasting time and money on acne regimens

15. Move out of my parents house

16. Stop hiding at the library at school (when im not in classes)

17. Enjoy the fact that people no longer look at me weird

18. Be glad that underneath the bad skin I'm actually nice looking

19. Stop being so depressed

20. Live Life

The day that I'm clear will be the first day of the rest of my life.

Edited by Alex_09

I'd most assuredly actually pursue becoming an (amateur) bodybuilder, and competing. =x

It'd take a massive weight off of my shoulders. (It'd save me tons of money to boot!)

I'd also begin taking BJJ and or Muay Thai because I wouldn't have to worry about bleeding through my gi.

Who's to say what would happen to my personal life.

Things would seem better.

If I hadn't had acne, though, i'd probably be alot less of an understanding and caring individual. I've learned alot about myself and the struggles of others because of it.

You must take the time to see the up in the down.

Your pimples are not the end of the world, or your life.

I would get rid of my morning erection as usual. Eat something for breakfast. Call up some friends and hang out. Nothing dramatic. Clear skin would just be one less thing to worry about.

oh, i forgot to say... i would light up!

Edited by ItHurtsToLook

I wish that were true. But I have noticed that in the three or four months when my skin was essentially clear, I got far, far, far more attention. When my skin is bad, I get none. I would like to be an idealist, to believe that people are not superficial. But they are - and it's instinctive. A horrible accident of evolution, but acne - being pathological - actually deters people. Because it's an illness that may or may not be reflective of good/bad health, good/bad genes etc. It's something people cannot help.

Sadly a lot of people in this world are that shallow. Let me ask you this? If someone only gives you attention because of your looks would you really want that person to be any part of your life? I wouldn't.

A true friend, a good girlfriend or boyfriend is someone who loves you for you and will be there no matter what.

Your acne is allowing you to seperate the degenerates who only care about looks from the few people who look beyond the physical. So you will get a better understanding of the people around you.

Edited by Nicky D

Sadly a lot of people in this world are that shallow. Let me ask you this? If someone only gives you attention because of your looks would you really want that person to be any part of your life? I wouldn't.

A true friend, a good girlfriend or boyfriend is someone who loves you for you and will be there no matter what.

Your acne is allowing you to seperate the degenerates who only care about looks from the few people who look beyond the physical. So you will get a better understanding of the people around you.

True to an extent. But in the past, partners have asked if they can avoid kissing me when my acne is really bad. I sympathised: I wouldn't want to kiss someone with pustules all over their face, around their mouth. That's unhygienic. The great majority of people are shallow, but I'm not talking about a basic consumerism outlook that forces one to make certain aesthetic judgements. Nothing conditioned. I'm talking about something in us, as genes-bearing entities, that makes us averse to pathological or other conditions.

"I still feel depressed"

thats other people. some are insecure and have problems that stem beyond having acne

i can honestly say that my skin problems are whats holding me back. sure, life wouldnt be perfect but i would have a huge weight lifted off my shoulders allowing me to move forward. i know myself, i know what i want in life, and i know how to achieve my goals. when you suffer from acne/skin problems for so long it becomes extremely debilitating. even simple things become hard...like dating.

lets face it, physical attraction is very important. wanting a physically attractive partner does not equate to being shallow. someone shallow doesnt want anything beyond the surface. if you polled everyone on earth and asked them all things being equal (personality) would they want someone hot instead of ugly they'd all say "yes". i'm not going to lie and say looks aren't important to me, they sure as hell are! of course i could care less how hot a female is if we she can't even hold an intelligent conversation with me.

"I still feel depressed"

thats other people. some are insecure and have problems that stem beyond having acne

i can honestly say that my skin problems are whats holding me back. sure, life wouldnt be perfect but i would have a huge weight lifted off my shoulders allowing me to move forward. i know myself, i know what i want in life, and i know how to achieve my goals. when you suffer from acne/skin problems for so long it becomes extremely debilitating. even simple things become hard...like dating.

lets face it, physical attraction is very important. wanting a physically attractive partner does not equate to being shallow. someone shallow doesnt want anything beyond the surface. if you polled everyone on earth and asked them all things being equal (personality) would they want someone hot instead of ugly they'd all say "yes". i'm not going to lie and say looks aren't important to me, they sure as hell are! of course i could care less how hot a female is if we she can't even hold an intelligent conversation with me.

Exactly.

It's unrealistic.

We all of us care what our partners or potential partners look like.

It is innate, a part of our biology.

Obviously, personality and other attributes are important too.

But without attraction, without physical attraction; it is a friendship, and nothing more.

i'm clear now finally 26 years old, Nickyd is right - years of mental torture doesn't make the world a perfect place as soon as you defeat acne.

I would be like, "Oh, cool." and move on with my day. I'm already living my life despite acne, so losing it would not have made a difference at all. ;)

mhmmmmmm that would be one of the best days of my life :D

I'd go out without any make up on and wouldnt get irritated by poeple gazing at my face...

I'm personally trying not to make acne hold me back from enjoying life and my teen-years..

AND even though I HATE ACNE it kinda taught me to accept people as they are and it helped me understand that sometimes you can't help it and you just look that way :D

anyway I hope this comes true to all of us :)!