Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Epiduo

Drinking Water

I know there is a thread about this below, but I am making this as a personal log of how water can help acne.

About 5 days ago, I decided I would up my water intake by A LOT. Normally, I would probably drink maybe 3 bottles of water, so about 1.5 liters a day. This is simply not enough for me, as I exercise at least an hour a day and lose a TON of sweat. When I started drinking more water my skin was as bad as its been in a long time. After 5 days of increased water intake, it is definitely better. It's more redmarks now than actual acne. I am going to continue to drink more water and see what happens and let everyone know.

I have been drinking about 5 liters of water per day. And believe it or not, I actually don't have to go to the bathroom all that much. I think that's a sign of how dehydrated I really was. My body is just absorbing all that water. When I do pee, it is pretty clear. That's how I want it.

In the mean time, I recommend all of you to try this out!

I honestly think one of the best things you can do for you health and wellbeing is to chug 1-2 litres of water immediately upon rising in the morning. This "prehydration" helps flush out your system, and will keep all your inner parts running smoothly.

Well it's been about 9 days or so of drinking 4-5 liters of water per day. I am definitely liking what I am seeing! A lot of what is left is leftover redmarks from the bad breakout I had before I started drinking more water. Also, the new ones I have gotten, which seem to be fewer, aren't really painful ones at all and they are smaller and go away A LOT faster. Hmm...I'll keep ya updated! Hopefully in another few weeks I'll be talking about even clearer skin!

What regimen are you using along with increasing your water intake?

I started drinking more water recently (although I'm not sure how much) and I've found that it definitely helps as well.

Most people don't keep properly hydrated. Make sure that you drink throughout the day instead of drinking a glass all at once.

I hate drinking water,maybe it's the minerals in it. It's gross to me and very hard to drink. I drink as much as I can stand,then I resort to green tea.

Does anyone have any more suggestions for those who hate drinking water?

I know if you do end up feeling dehydrated in summer,a good pick-me-up is Pedialyte. I used it once after I was stuck in the heat and it quickly rehydrated me.

I actually don't have to go to the bathroom all that much. I think that's a sign of how dehydrated I really was. My body is just absorbing all that water.

You generally lose as much liquid as you intake (sweating, saturated air, urine) so you're not absorbing it to blow up like a balloon. That's not how the body works. Making a thread about drinking water is like making a thread about breathing. All I drink is water and I've been drinking 4+ litres a day for a couple of years. There are definitely more factors to look into. Although keeping hydrated will help.

I really don't understand why I and other adults are drinking so much water?!? Children can rarely keep up with 50% of their daily intake(look for the study) and not only do their bodies have a bigger water % but they are much more active than adults. I too noticed that I rarely drank water as a child. Only after playing around for a long time did I feel the need to introduce water.

okay :)

i was just venting btw but more to the point that more water doesn't necessarily mean better healing time.

Edited by soosyv

Most people don't keep properly hydrated. Make sure that you drink throughout the day instead of drinking a glass all at once.

I hate drinking water,maybe it's the minerals in it. It's gross to me and very hard to drink. I drink as much as I can stand,then I resort to green tea.

I know if you do end up feeling dehydrated in summer,a good pick-me-up is Pedialyte. I used it once after I was stuck in the heat and it quickly rehydrated me.

I hate drinking water as well, but I do it to help my skin. One tip I've been doing is mixing packets of Propel into my water. That way it has some taste to it, but I'm still getting my water consumption. Plus, Propel has antioxidants in it, which also helps. I also make sure to drink plain water during the day too.

I hate drinking water as well, but I do it to help my skin. One tip I've been doing is mixing packets of Propel into my water. That way it has some taste to it, but I'm still getting my water consumption. Plus, Propel has antioxidants in it, which also helps. I also make sure to drink plain water during the day too.

Those little packets like propel and crystal lite have "fake" sugars in them which are supposedly even worse than real sugar for you and your skin. Tea is a fantastic option, especially the herbal ones, as they are often packed full of antioxidants and other beneficial ingredients to your skin. I however, enjoy water. Although I'm probably drinking less than the OP is, probably about 3-4 bottles each day, which I thought was plenty... :shifty:

Drinking water is really one of the only things we can be absolutely sure that causes no harm. There are so many benefits to drinking lots of water.

like?

unless you force the body to signify thirst(exercise, hot weather, etc), inputs not needed by the body will simply be wasted and can leech away nutrients.

Edited by soosyv

There's all kinds of little packets at like Wal-Mart in the drink section that you can pour into a water bottle to give it some flavor. There's some healthy ones with no sugar.. just look through them..