Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RyanY1

Arghh that's it going back to derm tmroo!

Accutane is failing.

I thought it was clearing, im entering week 8 now..so the third month and I woke up this morning to 5 new cystic lesions. This cannot be right??!

Im going to see if he can up the dose or increase the course regimen. I swear its never going to go completely, I just feel so deflated I had such high hopes for this drug and its just failing me.

Im beginning to think acne is a genetic disorder, uncontrollable through durgs unless we use gene therapy.

Some people break out until the end of their accutane course.

You're only just entering the third month, most people don't see big improvements until 3 or 4 months.

Hi there

Am facing the same problem, 4 months and no improvement. Am curious as to whether it eventually worked for you? I hope so.

Accutane is failing.

I thought it was clearing, im entering week 8 now..so the third month and I woke up this morning to 5 new cystic lesions. This cannot be right??!

Im going to see if he can up the dose or increase the course regimen. I swear its never going to go completely, I just feel so deflated I had such high hopes for this drug and its just failing me.

Im beginning to think acne is a genetic disorder, uncontrollable through durgs unless we use gene therapy.

It took 4 and a half months for me to even START to clear! I lost all hope while I was taking it. Now about 3 months after finishing it I am clear. It does definitely work in the end. Hang in there. :D

he was not happy with what I had to say lol...

He was like what do you expect you're on week 8.5, some people continue to get worse until month 4 -

However, he assessed my spots and before I had started I had:

9 spots on my face

4 on chest

25 on my back/shoulders

Now (weke 8.5) -

5 spots on face (1 nodular in nature - and others are rather cystic)

0 on chest

0 on back

So if one considers the overall picture it is getting better!

He said my skin is too dry, despite noticing myself - he told me to avoid normal facewash and put more moistureriser on my face - he said i'll get better results if I put just moisteriser on and avoid salicylic acid. Otherwise with dryness my skin wil crack and i'll get impetigo.

O and he refused to extend/up the dose until when im due to finish

Edited by RyanY1