Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bee-monster

NO MORE DRYNESS AND FLAKING - JUST GLOWING!

so under the "important topics" forum.. theres a thread for dryness and flaking. a technique using jojoba oil as an exfoliator and mask BEFORE cleansing. i also came across another thread (sorry not sure which forum it came from) that suggested doing this technique AFTER cleansing, and simply using a towel to gently sift off excess oil and dead skin before applying the BP.

which is better? BOTH.. for me anyways.

1) i find by using the jojoba oil before you cleanse, are really getting all the oil, dirt, make-up, dead skin, etc all out of your pores and its gently washed away by your cleanser of choice.

2) the water and your cleanser further moisten your skin to loosen up more dead skin to sift off by massaging more jojoba oil before applying your BP. (dont forget to gently wipe away the crap you rub off, then wait about 5-15 mins before applying BP like normal)..your pretty much moisterizing between all the drying steps of the regimen. which is truly what our faces need after what we put it through!!

** PLUS: i also read that applying jojoba oil before your BP may allow the BP to absorb deeper into your skin!! **

after doing this only twice.. 95% off my flakes are gone. i barely have to use any moisturizer. my skin is left BABY BOTTOM smooth, non-irritated (no lobster face, yay!), flake-free, non-greasy, and just overall GLOWING.

so for anyone who is only dealing with mild dryness and flaking, it could be gone after just one time of adding this to your regimen. this does add a bit more time to the already time consuming regimen we all do, so if its too much id just suggest doing it at night.

i, on the other hand love waking up to lovely skin, and having the great feeling throughout my day :)

my face was dying of thirst a day and a half ago, and now its perfectly hydrated!!

hope this works for you as well as it has for me! good luck.

Edited by bee-monster

Glad to hear about your success. I use jojoba before BP, and my dryness greatly improved but still not gone completely.

I don't get how jojoba can be used to cleanse/take of make-up?

Glad to hear about your success. I use jojoba before BP, and my dryness greatly improved but still not gone completely.

I don't get how jojoba can be used to cleanse/take of make-up?

all oils are pretty much good for taking off makeup.. for me anyways.

never said it cleansed though, its just a good exfoliator without damaging or irritating the skin.. THEN you cleanse. works fabulously.

Glad to hear your great success! Dryness is not something that anyone really wants to experience. Thanks for the tip! :)

I'm going to give this a try (:

How much jojoba oil do you use?

5-10 drops is what i started with. but this morning i used even less because i don't really have any flakes left at all. if you have really dry skin start off with 5-10.. then you can prolly work your way down.

after my shower this morning i didnt even have any flakes to rub off, they were all gone! so im hoping ill only have to do the exfoliation/scrub to get all the make-up/dirt off before i cleanse and just apply the jojoba after to keep my skin hydrated. so far its working amazingly.

good luck!

I think I used about 10 drops after I cleansed this morning. Unfortunately, when I read this it was after I cleansed so I didn't get the chance to do it before I took my shower. ha. :(

But it seems to feel a little bit better. plus I used a zinc oxide moisturizer w.spf this morning instead of dan's moisturizer cause I'm going outside for a bit.

Not sure, it could be the moisturizer or the jojoba but it seems a little bit better! (:

Thanks for the tips!

So what exactly are your steps? Do you apply the jojoba oil on a dry, non cleansed face, wash off with water, then cleanse, then BP if necessary, then moisturize?

So what exactly are your steps? Do you apply the jojoba oil on a dry, non cleansed face, wash off with water, then cleanse, then BP if necessary, then moisturize?

I start with the jojoba oil. I pour 5 to 10 drops in my hand and cover my face. Massage for about 5 to 10 mins, then let it sit for another 5. I cleanse my face in the sink or shower like normal, then I do the exact same thing over again with the jojoba oil except I use a towel to wipe off any excess oil and dead skin before I let it sit and dry for about 10 to 15 mins before applying BP. Then carry on the regimen like normal. I just feel like I'm getting more crap off my face using the jojoba oil before and after I cleanse. It prolly helps with our cleansers to not dry out our face as much from that, and it obviously helps with the BP not making our faces as tight.

I hope this all made sense! :)

Maybe I should make a video like dans! Haha

That is awesome! I was reading up on Jojoba Oil BEFORE bp (i didn't know if it was something frowned upon or not, but it worked for me) and found this, and I love it. I haven't had any issues with dryness or flaking since I started doing this, but had no idea it may aid the BP to go deeper? wonderful! This is a great post, and helpful to those who are on the brink of quitting!!

best of luck to you!

That is awesome! I was reading up on Jojoba Oil BEFORE bp (i didn't know if it was something frowned upon or not, but it worked for me) and found this, and I love it. I haven't had any issues with dryness or flaking since I started doing this, but had no idea it may aid the BP to go deeper? wonderful! This is a great post, and helpful to those who are on the brink of quitting!!

best of luck to you!

haha i felt like a whole entire layer of my skin was gunna peel off in one piece before i started doing this. and im sure others felt the same so i thought i should deffinatly share my success!! jojoba oil is amazing! its a great relief getting rid of the red and dry skin, cause i was reading pages and pages about how it can last for months on the regimen!!