Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RcknDisturbed1

What causes the back pain?

I'm the kind of person that needs to know why something happens, when it happens. I guess thats why I plan on becoming a paramedic someday. Does anyone know exactly why the lower back pain is caused by accutane?

Honestly. who knows with accutane? It could have something to do with the accessory glands also being shrunk due to the medicine. Accutane does not discriminate, and that's why its such a brutal drug.

Probably just dries out your joints or something, who knows really.

Accutane's effects on the body are largely unknown.. There are still many things derms don't even know yet. Like how exactly it works on the skin. They have some theories but aren't 100% certain.

Edited by Jxr

It depletes the vitamin D in your body so in turn you're bones and joints are weaker. Don't take vitamin D supplements though, because that also depletes the amount of Vitamin A and effects Accutane absorption. If you have side effects, it means its working, so just hustle through them and do what you can.