Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
philly #1

My Questions Regarding Acne, Please Respond

If any of the info is wrong, then please let me know.

I hear that there are 4 main reasons for acne:

1. Natural Hormones

2.Plugged Skin - skin cells

3. Bacteria (P Acnes)

4.Excess oil (sebum Production)

Can you have just one of the following contributors of acne and still have acne? Or do all of the following work as a cycle to cause acne. I have excess oil on my face, could this be causing acne? Or is it not that simple?

(To Note) My mother is 5ft. and my father 5ft 6in., i am right around 6ft. I have no family history of height in my family. Could the reason why i am fairly tall is because of my hormones as a teenager and bad case of puberty caused growth spurts? Or is it just evolution and people are just taller these days? Or is the reason of height purely have to be genetics somewhere? I think my great-grandfather was like 5-10ft, but i think this is pretty unlikely.

Not all people who have oliy skin have acne, right?? Not all people who have abnormal hormonal activity have acne, right?? I am bit confused??

All of them are intertwined with each other to give you the ending result-Acne. The excess oil on your face can be due to a variety of reasons, which causes your clogged pores and along with the dead skin cells, P. acnes thrives.

Your height is genetic based and not all people with oily skin and hormonal imbalances have acne. Acne is sometimes linked to genetics or it might simply be related to some form of chemistry in which currently can not be discovered and completely eliminated.

-Caesar