Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
recoverme

When ON AVERAGE do you clear up after going on a raw diet?

I know. It differs from person to person..

Well, I just bought a juicer and started going raw for 3 days now. I can already feel the detoxing..

Well, I am very determined and patience, and I was wondering how long til you start getting clear? I am also aware and it's showing on my face that it gets worse before it gets better.

Share your experiences.

I am eating ONLY organic fruit and vegetables..

I make v8 out of a juicer with..

Spinach, Celery, Kale, Parsley, Brocolli, carrots, tomatoes, yellow peppers, etc, etc, etc.

I eat fruit all day..

would you not lose all the fibre by not eating it as well?

how can you take a shit by just drinking that every day?

and as for the fruit - it breaks a lot of people out. including me (depending on what it is)

Edited by Grind

Who says you necessarily DO clear up on a raw diet?

What is your overall dietary approach going to be?

A juicer is an awesome kitchen tool, and I could see doing some juice fast days or certainly incorporating homemade juices into your diet. But I am skeptical of a strictly raw diet being a wise move, for skin or health.

I know. It differs from person to person..

Well, I just bought a juicer and started going raw for 3 days now. I can already feel the detoxing..

Well, I am very determined and patience, and I was wondering how long til you start getting clear? I am also aware and it's showing on my face that it gets worse before it gets better.

Share your experiences.

I am eating ONLY organic fruit and vegetables..

I make v8 out of a juicer with..

Spinach, Celery, Kale, Parsley, Brocolli, carrots, tomatoes, yellow peppers, etc, etc, etc.

I eat fruit all day..

Uhh, that does not sound healthy to me. If you are only drinking the juice all day you are not supplying yourself with protein. I know some vegetables/fruits have protein, but it is very insignificant; especially the ones you are putting in the juice.

I was on the 80/10/10 raw diet for almost a year and did not see even the tiniest improvement in my skin. The only differences I saw was an incredible increase in energy, and constant weight loss even if I was eating 4000 calories a day. I'm 6'4" and already skinny so losing 20 pounds was the last thing I needed at the time.

I've been raw 3 years and only recently found the best way of eating it for my skin which involves no sugars from high GI fruit. I stick to low GI fruit, sea vegetables, nuts, seeds, superfoods, wild foods, herbs, sprouted legumes/pulses, fermented foods such as sauerkraut and fats.

That works fine. Took me this long to figure it out.

Tried 811 3 times - fucking disaster each and every time.

Sugar = satan on my skin

Juicing is good for an initial detox but it will be a big one depending on how good your diet was beforehand. Juicing long term isn't sustainable if that's ALL you're doing.

Have fun with it and I hope you reap a lot of benefits which i'm sure you will