Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dx4567

Best make up method for covering ice pick scars

Hi

I have quite a lot of ice pick scars on my face. Besides 1 or 2 larger ones, the majority of them are quite superficial, which makes me think there must be a way to cover them. To give you an idea the majority of them look like enlarged pores, even though they are scars.

Its quite easy to cover the colour with concealer, but I'm looking for a product that will essentially 'fill them in', like a cream or serum or something.

I have used Clinique Pore Minimiser Instant Perfector for the past couple of years. It is very good, but it is also quite problematic in that it is hard to put concealer on top or underneath (the concealer congeals), and the instant perfector is slightly tinted and so doesn't match my skin tone.

I've heard of Estee Lauder Idealist serum - has anyone here tried it, and if so has it worked? I'm a little hesitant to buy it since the smallest bottle costs £36.00, which will be a waste of money if it doesn't work.

I've also heard there is some sort of silicone filler, which is a gel you put over the scars, which sets and fills them in. Has anyone used this this, what's its name and does it work?

It just looks quite unpleasant, all these little ice pick scars, especially when sunlight or artificial light shines on my face.

Ice pick scars are the result of damage to the skin that has occurred due to severe acne. The inflamed areas become permanently damaged during a severe acne breakout and can leave behind deep indentations on the surface of the skin. Ice pick scars get their name because of their steep edge shape. Ice pick scars don't go away on their own, but there are several treatment options.