Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chai Tea

What's good about your life?

Instead of focusing on how our skin looks, let try shifting our attention on the positives of our lives. I've definitely noticed periods of time when I'm more positive, my skin looks better. If you lived in your ideal neighborhood (friendly neighbors, had a pool, park, bicycling lane, jogger's lane, everything you wanted) but there was a pothole on the side of the road somewhere, you wouldn't focus on the pothole and have it ruin your time living in the neighborhood. So let's not do that to your face/back/chest/whatever part of your body you feel uncomfortable with. Instead focus on the good (like two hands and ten fingers) and try not to take them for granted (so cliche, I know).

Here's what's good about my life:

1. I live in a warm cozy house that has been my abode for 90% of the time I've been in the U.S. I've had plenty of good memories and experiences in this house, neighborhood, and this country. It's the one place I can always count on to recharge my batteries.
  2. I have loving parents that give me most of what I ask for (money, clothes, food, a roof over my head, unconditional love, and this laptop that I would absolutely die without) and siblings that I can always go to to cheer me up and learn from.
  3. I have a very healthy body. There is really nothing wrong with it functionally. I work out and maintain a healthy and, might I add, sexy physique. I feed it healthy nutrients everyday and it returns the favor by giving me a well oiled machine I can enjoy basketball, volleyball, soccer, or just hanging out with my friends with. I am an ectomorph(?) and I can get away with eating 5000 calories a day and not gaining a pound (Yes I have done that before when I was playing WoW and ate in front of a computer screen all day). Luxury that not many enjoy :dance:
  4. I have friends who don't care what I look like and enjoy me for who I am. And I enjoy their company very much as they make me laugh and we share stories and troubles with each other and tell each other secrets.
  5. I love to laugh. I laugh at more things than I should. I find myself being the only person laughing in a group a lot because I sincerely enjoy expelling air from my lungs while releasing endorphins into my synaptic clefts.
  6. I am able to meditate and calm my mind to the point where I am half-asleep and no aware of the outside world. (This is a great skill to have to relieve stress, recharge your batteries, or just pass the time).
  7. I recently found a new hobby of reading which has helped pass time and given me so much knowledge and insights into so many things. I am a naturally curious person and always need new things to stimulate my mind. I wouldn't mind spending the night at the library near my house.
  8. I am pretty damn sexy, intelligent, self-disciplined.
  9. I sleep on a Tempurpedic thingy on top of my bed. It is sooo comfortable. I wake up refreshed and feeling awesome every morning (unless my dad walks in and wakes me up to fix the wireless mouse for him, which is usually just not turned on).
  10. I am getting a good education at a good school and I have a bright future ahead of me.
  11. I look forward to watching funny videos Shay Carl puts up every day (some guy on youtube who does daily video diary of his life. it always leaves my face with a smile).
  12. I believe that there is much more to life than this physical plane we experience with our six senses (emotions is my sixth). But the point of this existence is to just enjoy life. There might be a lot of bad things around us but they are there so we can know what we don't want and ultimately what we do want in our life. It's a balance.
  13. The earth gives us a place to live, provides us with sustenance along with the sun, and never asks for anything in return.
  14. Everything I want I am in the process of receiving. It just takes time for the universe to deliver it to me. Like Dan's regimen kit and Jojoba oil I just ordered.
  15. That humankind can experience such a wide range of emotions. The highs can be so high. And then we are able to share our experiences and ideas and thoughts. The ability to convey your ideas and thoughts and have another being understand it is just such a intriguing and amusing talent to me.
There's tons more and the list wouldn't fit. Try it for yourself. I feel alot better than I did when I started typing. Get specific with it.

Note: Yes, I realize it is hard to completely do a 180 degree and go to a state of appreciation and happiness but if you have to, pretend! Fake a smile. Write down things you have that you would dislike not having. Being depressed just brings in more feelings of hopelessness, lack of control. Those are big no-no's to do to yourself. Just repeat to yourself, "It can and will get better." Really, say it out loud or write it down if your brother is sleeping behind you (like mine is). Repeat it like a mantra and really feel the words in your heart.

You can reach for feelings that feel better than what your feeling at the moment. If your depressed or hopeless or feel you have no control, reach for the relief that anger brings. Feel the fire in your heart as you vent out your anger. Then reach for a better feeling state of frustration. Then pessimism, neutralness, hopefulness, optimism. Whatever feels better. Write things down in a journal. Write about the good things that happened in your day. Focus on the positive aspects. Be creative with it.

I have a place to call my own...

I am going to college.....

I have a car to get around in....

I have a job..........

I have my whole life ahead of me.........

I OWN my own car. (tee hee, sorry, I am just proud to call something my own...)

I have the most amazing boyfriend on the planet.

I have a stable job.

My parents may not understand me or what I'm going through, but they love me unconditionally.

The beach is only 20minutes away. ;)

I have kick ass sisters.

I have friends who love me, and tell me I'm pretty when they know I'm down....

I have an associates degree so far, not finished, but its a start.

I have hope that I won't be depressed/scarred forever.

I may be broken at the moment, but someday I'll heal.

I'm turning 21 next month!!

I'm going to university

I have the most amazing mum in the world

I'm really in love with photography and recently got a Nikon which I adore so much I can't put it down

I read constantly and I LOVE it - I never lost the ability I had as a child to vividly picture everything as I read it so that it's like I am living the book, not only reading it

My family, in general, is amazing

I live in Canada

I don't have to pay for health care, medication costs hardly anything, and thanks to my parents' health plan and the fact that I'm still in school, basically everything else - dentists, naturopaths, psychologists, whatever - is paid for

I live in a house I adore, in a GREAT location - right downtown, and within walking distance to everything I need (which is good because I don't have or want a car)

The house has air conditioning

And decent heating in the winter

I'm really creative

I've never had any serious health problems, I hardly ever get sick, I've never broken a bone, I've never had surgery, and in the 19 years I've been alive I haven't had one cavity

I have my head on straight.

I drive a 350z that I paid for, along with my insurance and gas (not many 17 year olds can say that).

I'm financially stable.

I know what i'm doing with the rest of my life and love it.

I drive a 350z that I paid for, along with my insurance and gas (not many 17 year olds can say that).

I'm financially stable.

17? where did you get the money to buy a 350z??

I'm financially stable.

17? where did you get the money to buy a 350z??

I run a small business detailing cars. It caught on like wildfire, and I have a good 15-20 clients I see monthly to either do a full detail, or just wash their car. On a good month I can make upwards of $1200+.

i have a place to sleep and i have food :D

The basics are so easily forgotten aren't they?

I also have a place to sleep and food to eat. I can't imagine having neither one. Oh, and I have internet access. :P

there are things in this world i love and people that i can take pleasure in their company. oh, and cigarettes and beer. unhealthy, but joyous all the same.

Instead of focusing on how our skin looks, let try shifting our attention on the positives of our lives. I've definitely noticed periods of time when I'm more positive, my skin looks better. If you lived in your ideal neighborhood (friendly neighbors, had a pool, park, bicycling lane, jogger's lane, everything you wanted) but there was a pothole on the side of the road somewhere, you wouldn't focus on the pothole and have it ruin your time living in the neighborhood. So let's not do that to your face/back/chest/whatever part of your body you feel uncomfortable with. Instead focus on the good (like two hands and ten fingers) and try not to take them for granted (so cliche, I know).

Here's what's good about my life:

1. I live in a warm cozy house that has been my abode for 90% of the time I've been in the U.S. I've had plenty of good memories and experiences in this house, neighborhood, and this country. It's the one place I can always count on to recharge my batteries.
  2. I have loving parents that give me most of what I ask for (money, clothes, food, a roof over my head, unconditional love, and this laptop that I would absolutely die without) and siblings that I can always go to to cheer me up and learn from.
  3. I have a very healthy body. There is really nothing wrong with it functionally. I work out and maintain a healthy and, might I add, sexy physique. I feed it healthy nutrients everyday and it returns the favor by giving me a well oiled machine I can enjoy basketball, volleyball, soccer, or just hanging out with my friends with. I am an ectomorph(?) and I can get away with eating 5000 calories a day and not gaining a pound (Yes I have done that before when I was playing WoW and ate in front of a computer screen all day). Luxury that not many enjoy :dance:
  4. I have friends who don't care what I look like and enjoy me for who I am. And I enjoy their company very much as they make me laugh and we share stories and troubles with each other and tell each other secrets.
  5. I love to laugh. I laugh at more things than I should. I find myself being the only person laughing in a group a lot because I sincerely enjoy expelling air from my lungs while releasing endorphins into my synaptic clefts.
  6. I am able to meditate and calm my mind to the point where I am half-asleep and no aware of the outside world. (This is a great skill to have to relieve stress, recharge your batteries, or just pass the time).
  7. I recently found a new hobby of reading which has helped pass time and given me so much knowledge and insights into so many things. I am a naturally curious person and always need new things to stimulate my mind. I wouldn't mind spending the night at the library near my house.
  8. I am pretty damn sexy, intelligent, self-disciplined.
  9. I sleep on a Tempurpedic thingy on top of my bed. It is sooo comfortable. I wake up refreshed and feeling awesome every morning (unless my dad walks in and wakes me up to fix the wireless mouse for him, which is usually just not turned on).
  10. I am getting a good education at a good school and I have a bright future ahead of me.
  11. I look forward to watching funny videos Shay Carl puts up every day (some guy on youtube who does daily video diary of his life. it always leaves my face with a smile).
  12. I believe that there is much more to life than this physical plane we experience with our six senses (emotions is my sixth). But the point of this existence is to just enjoy life. There might be a lot of bad things around us but they are there so we can know what we don't want and ultimately what we do want in our life. It's a balance.
  13. The earth gives us a place to live, provides us with sustenance along with the sun, and never asks for anything in return.
  14. Everything I want I am in the process of receiving. It just takes time for the universe to deliver it to me. Like Dan's regimen kit and Jojoba oil I just ordered.
  15. That humankind can experience such a wide range of emotions. The highs can be so high. And then we are able to share our experiences and ideas and thoughts. The ability to convey your ideas and thoughts and have another being understand it is just such a intriguing and amusing talent to me.
There's tons more and the list wouldn't fit. Try it for yourself. I feel alot better than I did when I started typing. Get specific with it.

Note: Yes, I realize it is hard to completely do a 180 degree and go to a state of appreciation and happiness but if you have to, pretend! Fake a smile. Write down things you have that you would dislike not having. Being depressed just brings in more feelings of hopelessness, lack of control. Those are big no-no's to do to yourself. Just repeat to yourself, "It can and will get better." Really, say it out loud or write it down if your brother is sleeping behind you (like mine is). Repeat it like a mantra and really feel the words in your heart.

You can reach for feelings that feel better than what your feeling at the moment. If your depressed or hopeless or feel you have no control, reach for the relief that anger brings. Feel the fire in your heart as you vent out your anger. Then reach for a better feeling state of frustration. Then pessimism, neutralness, hopefulness, optimism. Whatever feels better. Write things down in a journal. Write about the good things that happened in your day. Focus on the positive aspects. Be creative with it.

Everyone on here should take your example and use it to good effect.

Life is what we make it. Good for you, i'm glad you are taking what you have making it positive.

I've had acne for 13 years. I've just accepted i have it and i can only treat. I refuse to let it stop me from livining. It's apart of me, might as well just embrace it and have fun.

Edited by Nicky D

1.) I live under my parent's home, in the USA.

2.) I am very intelligent, for my age, I am only 13.

3.) I live on earth, the shittiest planet ever, with a society that will look down on you for having a disease, acne vulgaris. It's a sad life.

4.) Nobody in my family has died yet, though they could give a shit less about me and I could give a shit less about them, I guess it's just relation.

5.) I guess there is no 5, my life is terrible aside from what material objects I own, I would rather trade all of those for a year to be happy with my skin being clear.

Lifes NOT fair :(

Edited by Lifes NOT fair :(

Lifes NOT fair :(

the worst thing about the internet is it is an easy place to vent normal fears about life and existence issues especially at such a young age. the hardest thing for intelligent young people is the ability to ask questions easily and expect answers. i fear the most intelligent young ones want answers so much, need information so much and when they can't get it they change inside to something different. if you know what the view is from the top of a mountain looks likes,, why would you bother climbing ?

when 50-60 year olds say "you have it so easy compared to when I was young" "I walked 20ks in the snow to school" we 20-30yo think yeah ya full of shit.. guess what, i think ages 12 - 18 now have it hardest of all. it is fucked for them, so used to getting answers at a whim. unlimited information from click.. but the questions they are really after have no answers.. so it's confusing, frustrating. and i'm no head doctor but it must certainly fuck with the brain matter.

like this poor bastard above me. only 13 knowing his material objects mean nothing. wanting to trade his gameboy and xbox for clear skin.. yeah that ain't gunna make a fuck all of difference. i'm sure there is some kid same age as him willing to trade a limb for a meal and water for a year. guilt trip?? no.. a reality. my point however misguided is young adults have no grasp on reality (through no fault of their own) and may never understand what it is or how it is to love themselves for what. who. how and why they are. simply because they expect answers to be always available infront of them.

best thing about my life can always be, i own cars, live in a warm sheltered house. can pay my bills etc. but really that is not the best thing about your life, that is the best thing others expect of your life. the best thing about your life is being contented with who you are and what you stand for.