Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FoxinSoxwithRox

Reducing Redness Temporarily

Lately I've been thinking a lot about ways to calm down super red acne on my fair skin. I am planning on messing around with different at home solutions for ways to make acne less shockingly red before going to the beach, swim party, or somewhere else where make up isn't an option or if make up just doesn't do the trick.

I personally have moderate acne and have been on Acutane twice but now it's back again. Lots of redness so do you all want to help share tips on quick fixes?

Just post what you tried and how well you think it worked. I'll be posting a lot because I'm trying to find a good fix to reduce redness ~50% for a couple of hours within the next week! Wish me luck!

well wear sunscreen whenever ur outside. sun and heat will make u read. hot hot showers will too. don't wash ur face with hot water. make it luke warm, room temperature. or even cold. don't touch ur face that causes redness. i find that if my skin is oily it'll get red too. a good cleanser i use is DDF Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel. it doesn't make me red and it calms my skin down really well.

Hey Foxin, As you are in cosmetics forum, I would highly suggest mineral makeup. I really favor mineral makeup due to the fact it is anti-inflammatory due to zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. Zinc oxide is well known to reduce redness and irritation which is why it is used in excema and psorasis creams. I am an advocate for mineral makeup because for those with acne, you can wear it even to the beach and on days when you are wanting to be makeup free as it is beneficical. It can really be more like a treatment than just a foundation depending on the brand you get. Stay away from brands that use bismuth oxychloride as these are well known to cause irritation and acne, also beware of too many fillers or addititives. Remember the closer you get your products to nature the easier it will be for your skin to heal. On a side note, there is a good chance you have candida if you are on your third round of antibiotics. Antibiotics kill all the bacteria (good and bad). When you kill off the good bacteria by using antibiotics you open yourself up to CANDIDA overgrowth. Candida overgrowth can cause stomach issues, depression, anxiety, skin conditions such as excema, psoriasis and acne. A way you can tell if you have candida is to spit in a clear glass of neutral water upon waking in the morning, if the spit starts to sink toward the bottom having a stringy look on its way down, then you have candida and need to get on a candida diet as it will only get worse. Good luck!!

I use Eucerin Redness Relief Perfecting Lotion which has SPF 15! It works great. After applying that I use Studio Secrets Primer / Perfecting Base which smoothes over my blemishes and makes my face matte. It's nice if you don't want to wear foundation or anything else / day at the beach type of deal.

One thing that really helps with redness (and yes I am being serious) is redness reducing eye drops. If you put a little bit (not so much that it starts to run but just enough that it will sit over top the acne) and leave it for 5-10 minutes you will see a big difference. Do this a couple of times and I think you will be surprised at the improvement.